get all foreign namespace elements below a node in SVG

  • rwkemper
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 22, 2005
      Dear All,

      what is the best method to get all elements below a node which are in
      a foreign name space ?
      What I'm looking for is something like getElementsByTagNameNS
      ('ns','name')
      but just the elements in 'ns' name space BELOW the current node and
      not all elements of the document.

      Do I really have to traverse the tree or is there any better option ?

      Thanks for your hints in advance

      Rolf
    • Robin Berjon
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 22, 2005
        On Dec 22, 2005, at 16:55, rwkemper wrote:
        > what is the best method to get all elements below a node which are in
        > a foreign name space ?
        > What I'm looking for is something like getElementsByTagNameNS
        > ('ns','name')
        > but just the elements in 'ns' name space BELOW the current node and
        > not all elements of the document.

        getElementsByTagNameNS() called on an element only searches the
        descendants of that element.

        --
        Robin Berjon
        Senior Research Scientist