Re: [svg-developers] Path and brush

  • ml.winter@carto.net
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 3, 2005
      hi jaroen,

      as far as i know, no. another way of droing complex lines is to create
      special fonts and align textstrings to your base line object (width
      offsets and whatever you need) , see <textPath>. basically these are
      methods know from desktop mapping that remain with SVG. but there is some
      help for cartograpy coming that may address other mapping issues, see
      <http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/WD-SVG12-20041027/vectoreffects.html>.
      andré

      > Hello,
      >
      > I recently posted a question about path elements which I wanted to use
      > as streets. The conclusion was that I had to draw 2 path elements on
      > top of each other, preferably by using <use>.
      >
      > Wouldn't it be better to have a kind of "brush" (like in Adobe
      > Photoshop) in SVG, with which you can draw more complex lines easily
      > without having to do that twice? Are there plans in that direction? Or
      > am I talking nonsense here :)?
      >
      > Jeroen Vanattenhoven

      > membership" ----
      > Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Jeroen Vanattenhoven
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 3, 2005

        Since I'm using eSVG for the moment, I can't wait for vector effects
        (too bad :(). Are there examples of this online, maybe on there
        carto.net site that you know of?

        Thanks