Re: [svg-developers] combining svg with html

  • kalyanasundaram S
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 1, 2005
      thanks jonathan,
      thanks for your reply,
      your program(combining html and svg)
      [http://jwatt.org/svg/tests/getScreenCTM-5.svg%5d is
      correct solution for my problem, if it works... but

      but IE6 is showing nothing (after running your
      script basic svg is running i checked) then i
      installed firefox(offcourse in my desktop only) but it
      is unable to locate svg plug in
      so i need to usg IE6 only)
      plz, can you help me to run your script ...

      1. I cant use firefox
      2. I have to use IE6 only
      3. svg plugin already installed.

      Now what i have to do?
      plz somebody help me...

      regards,
      kalyan
      --- Jonathan Watt <wattie@...> wrote:

      ---------------------------------
      Hi,

      You can in Firefox if you use XHTML, not HTML. Make
      sure your server is
      configured to send it as XML, and not text/html, and
      declare your
      namespaces. An example is

      http://jwatt.org/svg/tests/getScreenCTM-5.svg

      -Jonathan

      On 9/29/05, kalyanasundaram <kalyan_acm@...>
      wrote:

      > hi,
      > plz help me i am new to this SVG, i have a doubt
      > can we write svg code inside a html document instead
      of embedding,
      > like
      > <svg>....</svg>
      >
      > thanks

      > visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/svg-developers
      and click "edit my
      > membership"
      > ----
      > Yahoo! Groups Links

      To unsubscribe send a message to:
      visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/svg-developers and
      click "edit my membership"

      Computer internet security
      Computer internet business
      Computer internet access

      Computer internet privacy securities
      Computer internet help
      How to format a computer hard
      drive

      Terms of Service.

      ---------------------------------

      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 1, 2005
        Hi Kalyan,

        I'm not aware of any way to support SVG embedded inline in HTML in IE6.
        Sorry.

        -Jonathan

        On 10/1/05, kalyanasundaram S <kalyan_acm@...> wrote:

        > thanks jonathan,
        > thanks for your reply,
        > your program(combining html and svg)
        > [http://jwatt.org/svg/tests/getScreenCTM-5.svg%5d is
        > correct solution for my problem, if it works... but
        >
        > but IE6 is showing nothing (after running your
        > script basic svg is running i checked) then i
        > installed firefox(offcourse in my desktop only) but it
        > is unable to locate svg plug in
        > so i need to usg IE6 only)
        > plz, can you help me to run your script ...
        >
        > 1. I cant use firefox
        > 2. I have to use IE6 only
        > 3. svg plugin already installed.
        >
        > Now what i have to do?
        > plz somebody help me...
        >
        > regards,
        > kalyan

      • Mark Birbeck
        Message 3 of 10 , Oct 1, 2005
          Jonathan/Kalyan,

          > I'm not aware of any way to support SVG embedded inline in
          > HTML in IE6.

          Use Sidewinder. Download links and screenshots are available from:

          <http://www.formsplayer.com/download/swviewer-install.html>

          Currently it's a standalone application framework that uses IE6 as the
          rendering engine, as well as providing bindings so that you can put MathML,
          SVG and XForms inline (as well as XBL externally). Sidewinder will also
          validate your document before rendering.

          The next release of Sidewinder will run inside IE6 as a normal XHTML page.
          This will be available very soon.

          Some pointers to what it can do are on my blog, and the XForms Wiki:

          XForms Map Viewer
          <http://internet-apps.blogspot.com/2005/06/xforms-map-viewer.html>

          XHTML+MathML+SVG Document in Sidewinder, FireFox and Opera

          <http://internet-apps.blogspot.com/2005/06/xhtmlmathmlsvg-document-in-sidewi
          nder.html>

          SVG as a Stylesheet Language

          <http://internet-apps.blogspot.com/2005/06/svg-as-stylesheet-language.html>

          XFormsAndSkinning (how to use SVG to create custom controls)
          <http://www.xforms-wiki.com/bin/view/Main/XformsAndSkinning>

          Regards,

          Mark

          Mark Birbeck
          CEO
          x-port.net Ltd.

          e: Mark.Birbeck@...
          t: +44 (0) 20 7689 9232
          w: http://www.formsPlayer.com/
          b: http://internet-apps.blogspot.com/

          Download our XForms processor from
          http://www.formsPlayer.com/
        • cybarber
          Message 4 of 10 , Oct 3, 2005
            Embedded inline SVG in IE is fairly easy and is supported since ASV3.
            ASV6 also supports it but unfortunaltely the memory leakage bug has
            not improved.

            You have to use the special classid:
            <OBJECT id=AdobeSVG
            classid=clsid:78156a80-c6a1-4bbf-8e6a-3cd390eeb4e2></OBJECT>

            An example online:
            http://members.home.nl/cybarber/InlineEmbeddedSVG1.html
            Check the source and copy cat

            Cybarber

            --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "kalyanasundaram"
            <kalyan_acm@y...> wrote:
            > hi,
            > plz help me i am new to this SVG, i have a doubt
            > can we write svg code inside a html document instead of
            embedding,
            > like
            > <svg>....</svg>
            >
            > thanks
          • cybarber
            Message 5 of 10 , Oct 3, 2005
              There are plenty of embedded inline examples in the files section of
              this group. there is a special folder I made alreasy in 2002.
              Check out the embedded inline in mainframe and popup one.

              Note that the first time one opens the message (its a .nws one) it
              might only show text. Then hit the refresh button and voila.

              Cybarber

              --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, Jonathan Watt <wattie@g...>

              Message 6 of 10 , Oct 3, 2005
                Forgot that i already created several sample files in this groups
                files section in 2002, chek them out(hit refresh after first
                opening a file when only text shows.)

                Cy

                --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "cybarber" <cybarber@g...>