Re: [svg-developers] Element border

  • Jérôme Tricand de la Goutte
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 1, 2005
      Hi Fernando,

      I don't really know what you want to do. If you want to use the trace in javascript to calculate areas for example or intersection, there is no way with SVG 1.1 version.
      But if you want to show the trace, only graphicaly, you can just use fill="none" to show the trace. But I suppose this is too easy, and is not suitable for a group, for example :)
      One other clue whould be to use filters. Be careful, it slow the rendering.
      use a filter like :

      <filter id='Filtre_Contour' filterUnits='objectBoundingBox' x='-10%' y='-10%' width='150%' height='150%'>
      <feMorphology in='SourceAlpha' result='morphedAlpha' radius='0.1%' operator='dilate'/>
      <feComposite in='SourceGraphic' in2='morphedAlpha' operator='over'/>
      </filter>

      Is it good for you?

      -----------------------------
      Jérôme TRICAND DE LA GOUTTE
      Logatique
      01 46 21 59 59
      50 rue Marcel Dassault
      92100 Boulogne-Billancourt

      --
    • Fernando Silva
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 1, 2005

        the objective is with a mathematical function, calculate the object
        real area, so I can use intersection() and contain() methods.
        I'm gonna try to create a function that can calculate the "trace"...

        Thanks,