Linux and the Adobe SVG Plugin

  • Joshua Woodward
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 30, 2005
      Do any linux distributions for linux come with svg? I love Linux, but
      I am unable to get it installed properly. If anyone knows of a
      distribution that comes with the plugin installed, I would love to know.
    • Jérôme Tricand de la Goutte
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 30, 2005
        Hi Joshua

        Concerning Linux, I could say that Debian Sarge install Inskape (a SVG
        editor) and the last version of KDE which is said to view SVG.
        On the other hand, you can also install Adobe SVG Viewer (ASV) and/or
        Deer Park ( non official Firefox release for testing) to view SVG. But
        those two application are not as good as ASV for Windows :( .

        Personnaly, I've installed Debian Sarge and I use Deer Park.
        Good luck

        --
        -----------------------------
        Jérôme TRICAND DE LA GOUTTE

        Joshua Woodward a écrit :

        >Do any linux distributions for linux come with svg? I love Linux, but
        >I am unable to get it installed properly. If anyone knows of a
        >distribution that comes with the plugin installed, I would love to know.
        >

        >-----
        >-or-
        >visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/svg-developers and click "edit my membership"
        >----
        >Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Andreas Neumann
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 31, 2005
          Hi Joshua,

          I just added ASV Linux installation instructions to the SVG wiki.
          Just use the "manual setup" as described at this page instead of the
          "install.sh" script. Please note, that ASV Linux does not properly
          work in Firefox/Mozilla, but it does work in Konqueror and Opera.

          http://svg-whiz.com/wiki/index.php?title=Adobe_SVG_Viewer

          Let me know if it did not work.

          All the best,
          Andreas

          --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "Joshua Woodward"
          <jmwoodward_2000@y...> wrote:
          > Do any linux distributions for linux come with svg? I love Linux,
          but
          > I am unable to get it installed properly. If anyone knows of a
          > distribution that comes with the plugin installed, I would love to
          know.
        • Samuel Dagan
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 2, 2005
            Hi Joshua,
            I am very lucky, to be able to run on Linux RedHat™ vs 8.0, SVG with
            the Adobe™ SVG Viewer vs 3.0 beta 1. I am using Mozilla™ vs 1.0.1.
            There are some bugs, but in general the performance is not bad.
            Good luck, Samy