Charts

  • Rajesh Vaswani
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 2, 2001
      Hi Friends,
      I am very much new to SVG, i need to make an component which will read XML
      data and generate a bar chart. I need more info on how to make lins, bar and
      pie charts. Please can you help me with the same.
      regards
      Rajesh Vaswani
    • r_diblasi@hotmail.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 9, 2001
        Rajesh,

        I think that the Batik project has some XSL style sheets in the CVS
        that will help you out.....take a look:-)

        http://xml.apache.org/websrc/index.cgi/xml-batik/contrib/charts/xsl/

        Batik is a Java(tm) technology based toolkit for applications that
        want to use images in the Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG) format for
        various purposes, such as viewing, generation or manipulation.

        The project's ambition is to give developers a set of core modules
        which can be used together or individually to support specific SVG
        solutions. Examples of modules are an SVG parser, an SVG generator
        and an SVG DOM implementations. Another ambition of the Batik project
        is to make it highly extensible (for example, Batik allows the
        developer to handle custom SVG tags). Even though the goal of the
        project is to provide a set of core modules, one of the deliveries is
        a full fledged SVG Browser implementation which validates the various
        modules and their inter-operability.

        http://xml.apache.org/batik/index.html

        long live Open Source and the sharing of code

        Computer science does not have to be so hard :-)

        Enjoy Rajesh!

        We all learn by sharing what we know
        Robert A. DiBlasi

        --- In svg-developers@y..., "Rajesh Vaswani" <rajesh@a...> wrote:
        > Hi all,
        >
        > Tobi u have given me very good sites, thankx a lot for that.
        You are just
        > great. Can any of you help me with what mathematical stuff will be
        involved.
        > Also whats the simple formula to generate a pie chart having the
        data, Is it
        > good to use XSL or have the XML directly generated from the DLL. Any
        > comments on this please do mail back.
        > Thankx once again for the wonderful response.
        > After my component is done i will be posting the code here
      • Rajesh Vaswani