Re: [svg-developers] Re: Basic SVG Template?

  • Marjorie Roswell
    Message 1 of 13 , Aug 2, 2005
      I wasn't clear: I meant change the documentation. (How much
      documentation out there is telling people that they have to use a DTD
      for working with SVG!.) I realized the page I referred to is a wiki.
      So someone who's got a login there could edit that page.

      http://wiki.mozilla.org/SVG:Namespace

      On 8/2/05, Mark Birbeck <Mark.Birbeck@...> wrote:
      > HI,
      >
      > > It's kind of annoying that this:
      > > http://wiki.mozilla.org/SVG:Namespace
      > > Says to add a doctype, but the general feeling of this group
      > > is that there is no need to add the doctype, and that in
      > > fact, it gets you into trouble with Firefox to do so. Can
      > > anyone work with mozilla.org to have them change that?
      >
      > I think the thinking is to not use DTDs, rather than to 'fix' Mozilla.
      > Certainly from our point of view we would rather validate against XML
      > schemas, and the location of those schemas is 'known' by the viewer.
      >
      > Regards,
      >
      > Mark
      >

      > Mark Birbeck
      > CEO
      > x-port.net Ltd.
      >
      > e: Mark.Birbeck@...
      > t: +44 (0) 20 7689 9232
      > w: http://www.formsPlayer.com/
      > b: http://internet-apps.blogspot.com/
      >
      > Download our XForms processor from
      > http://www.formsPlayer.com/

      > visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/svg-developers and
      > click "edit my membership"

      > ________________________________

    • Holger Will
      Message 2 of 13 , Aug 2, 2005
        Marjorie Roswell schrieb:

        > I wasn't clear: I meant change the documentation. (How much
        > documentation out there is telling people that they have to use a DTD
        > for working with SVG!.) I realized the page I referred to is a wiki.
        > So someone who's got a login there could edit that page.
        >
        > http://wiki.mozilla.org/SVG:Namespace

        you could get a login , too. if you dont want that, i could change the
        page.
        should the whole paragraph be deleted, or should just the wording be
        changed ?
        i'd prefere the later. somthing like:
        "declaring a correct DOCTYPE for .svg files is *not* important but,
        instances have been... "
        what do you think ?