Re: [svg-developers] Re: Basic SVG Template?

  • Holger Will
    Message 1 of 13 , Aug 2, 2005
      Hi Marge

      > Again, so far I'm up to this...feedback still welcome:
      >
      > ========================
      >
      > <svg width="300" height="300" version="1.1"
      > xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg"
      > xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink">
      > <title>Title</Title>
      > <...statements here...>
      >
      > </svg>
      > ===============================

      i would maybe use a default viewBox instead of default width and height,
      <svg viewBox="0 0 300 300" version="1.1"
      xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg"

      cheers
      Holger
    • Marjorie Roswell
      Message 2 of 13 , Aug 2, 2005
        I wasn't clear: I meant change the documentation. (How much
        documentation out there is telling people that they have to use a DTD
        for working with SVG!.) I realized the page I referred to is a wiki.
        So someone who's got a login there could edit that page.

        http://wiki.mozilla.org/SVG:Namespace

        On 8/2/05, Mark Birbeck <Mark.Birbeck@...> wrote:
        > HI,
        >
        > > It's kind of annoying that this:
        > > http://wiki.mozilla.org/SVG:Namespace
        > > Says to add a doctype, but the general feeling of this group
        > > is that there is no need to add the doctype, and that in
        > > fact, it gets you into trouble with Firefox to do so. Can
        > > anyone work with mozilla.org to have them change that?
        >
        > I think the thinking is to not use DTDs, rather than to 'fix' Mozilla.
        > Certainly from our point of view we would rather validate against XML
        > schemas, and the location of those schemas is 'known' by the viewer.
        >
        > Regards,
        >
        > Mark
        >

        > Mark Birbeck
        > CEO
        > x-port.net Ltd.
        >
        > e: Mark.Birbeck@...
        > t: +44 (0) 20 7689 9232
        > w: http://www.formsPlayer.com/
        > b: http://internet-apps.blogspot.com/
        >
        > Download our XForms processor from
        > http://www.formsPlayer.com/

        > visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/svg-developers and
        > click "edit my membership"

        > ________________________________

      • Holger Will
        Message 3 of 13 , Aug 2, 2005
          Marjorie Roswell schrieb:

          > I wasn't clear: I meant change the documentation. (How much
          > documentation out there is telling people that they have to use a DTD
          > for working with SVG!.) I realized the page I referred to is a wiki.
          > So someone who's got a login there could edit that page.
          >
          > http://wiki.mozilla.org/SVG:Namespace

          you could get a login , too. if you dont want that, i could change the
          page.
          should the whole paragraph be deleted, or should just the wording be
          changed ?
          i'd prefere the later. somthing like:
          "declaring a correct DOCTYPE for .svg files is *not* important but,
          instances have been... "
          what do you think ?