Accessing Elements

  • thequantimizer
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 1, 2005
      Hello ,
      I have two basic question ,

      1. i want to embed the one svg file inside the other svg file can we
      embed it in a wat that we only specify the insider svg path .

      2. Regardless of above situation if we have to embed the svg inside
      another svg how come we access the elements from say java script.

      example:
      ==== Main Svg ======
      <svg id="Main" >
      <script src="Test.js" />
      .
      .
      .
      <svg id="insideMain">
      .
      .
      .
      </svg>
      </svg>
    • Hong Lei
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 1, 2005
        1.Use "image" element
        <image x="100" y="100" width="50" height="50"
        xlink:href="another.svg" />
        2.Just follow the dom tree or use svgDocument.getElementById("insideMain")