How do you access the embedding HTML document from SVG

  • Noel O'Boyle
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 5, 2005
      I have an SVG document embedded in XHTML, and I want to run a Javascript
      function in the XHTML once the SVG has loaded.

      Is there:
      (1) an onload SVG function I can access in the XHTML or
      (2) can the <svg onload="___"> be used to call a javascript function in
      the embedding XHTML?

      Thanks for your help,
      Noel O'Boyle.
    • Holger Will
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 5, 2005
        Noel O'Boyle schrieb:

        > I have an SVG document embedded in XHTML, and I want to run a Javascript
        > function in the XHTML once the SVG has loaded.
        >
        > Is there:
        > (1) an onload SVG function I can access in the XHTML or

        for more info on how to access your SVG document and window object, see
        http://jwatt.org/svg/demos/scripting-across-embed.html

        > (2) can the <svg onload="___"> be used to call a javascript function in
        > the embedding XHTML?

        yes, onload="top.doSomething()" , where doSomething() is a function
        defined in the parent XHTML.
        ive tested this with IE + ASV6 and mozilla with native SVG support. not
        sure about ASV3, but it should work, too.

        cheers

        Holger

        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 5, 2005
          Thanks for this...I will try out "top".

          Where on the web is there some documentation which describes its use?
          (Because I searched the web for some time before I posted my question,
          and all I could find were references to accessing the SVG DOM)

          Regards,
          Noel