Re: New on this, trying to do something new...

  • Samuel Dagan
    Message 1 of 18 , Jul 1, 2005
      Hi Travsam,
      Welcome to the club. If you are trying to animate the motion of a
      dice in 3 dimensions, forget it, this is not for a mid-term project.
      You have to simulate the results of a die as a square, in which you
      can display one of the 6 possibilities, of the results of throwing a
      dice, by scripting visibilty="visible" and "hidden". This is simple
      and so the rest of the monopoly game animation.
      Cheers, Samy

      --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "jucabapa79" <jucabapa79@y...>

      http://www.carto.net/papers/svg/manipulating_svg_with_dom_ecmascript/

      > > Andreas
      > >
      > > --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "jucabapa79"
      > > <jucabapa79@y...> wrote:
      > > > Hello, I am Travsam, I am new on this matters of SVG and I
      > wanted
      > > > try to do something different using SVG Code for my midterm
      > > project, a
      > > > simulation of the board game Monopoly.
      > > >
      > > > The trouble I want to ask about is about the dices, I tried
      some
      > > ways
      > > > to animate the dices, but even that i now how to select random
      > > numbers
      > > > using JavaScript the rest of the code is not working properly.
      > > >
      > > > What recommendation would you give me?
      > > >
      > > > I will be happy to read your replies.
      > > >
      > > > Greetings
    • jucabapa79
      Message 2 of 18 , Jul 2, 2005
        Hello Mr. Dagan:

        Thanks for the sugestion, i know that SVG can not support 3d
        animation, also my asesor told me about it, I will try to develop
        the dice as you suggest, anyway by know the trouble is how to
        control another animation with the result of the dice, I mean, I
        want to move a piece in the board using the result of the random
        number obtained in the dice, If I have time tomorrow i will send my
        first tryings with the code of this animation.

        Thanks again.

        Travsam

        --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "Samuel Dagan" <dagan@a...>

      • jucabapa79
        Message 3 of 18 , Jul 3, 2005
          Well, for begin this, I could first refer for the code i made for
          show the dice results. This is not running properly when i test it
          in the computer, it don't shows anything. What's wrong?

          Greetings

          Travsam

          -------------------------This is the code--------------------------
          <?xml version="1.0"?>

          <!DOCTYPE svg PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD SVG
          1.0//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/2001/REC-SVG-20010904/DTD/svg10.dtd">
          <svg width="500px" height="500px" viewBox="0 0 500 500">
          <script language="text/ecmasscript">
          <![CDATA[
          /** Configures the dice according to a six number's random select.
          It should change the visibility status of one or two of four
          different SVG objects forming dice forms.
          The default number is 1, the visibility will change depending
          of the number, cases of number 3 and 5 will be
          made over combinations of forms two and four combinations with
          the one combination.
          */
          function throwdice(){
          //create a random integer between 0 and 5
          var randomDice=Math.round(Math.random()*5)
          dice = randomDice
          switch (dice)
          {

          case 1:
          d1.visibility("hidden")
          d2.visibility("visible")
          d4.visibility("hidden")
          d6.visibility("hidden")
          break
          case 2:
          d1.visibility("visible")
          d2.visibility("visible")
          d4.visibility("hidden")
          d6.visibility("hidden")
          break
          case 3:
          d1.visibility("hidden")
          d2.visibility("hidden")
          d4.visibility("visible")
          d6.visibility("hidden")
          break
          case 4:
          d1.visibility("visible")
          d2.visibility("hidden")
          d4.visibility("visible")
          d6.visibility("hidden")
          break
          case 5:
          d1.visibility("hidden")
          d2.visibility("hidden")
          d4.visibility("hidden")
          d6.visibility("visible")
          break
          default:
          d1.visibility("visible")
          d2.visibility("hidden")
          d4.visibility("hidden")
          d6.visibility("hidden")
          break
          ]]>

          </script>
          <!-- creating the dice pictures, as I refered, the forms are based
          in dice forms, there are not
          three and five forms because it was based on combinations of one and
          other combination (It means, five
          will be made combining four and one combination and three will be
          made combining two and one). Also
          there is the button that can throw the dice-->
          <defs>
          <g onclick="throwDice();">
          <rect x="70" y="10" width="60" height="20" rx="4" ry="4"
          style="fill: #ddd;"/>
          <text x="100" y="25" style="text-anchor:
          middle;">Throw</text>
          </g>
          <g id="d6" visibility="hidden">
          <rect x="50" y="50" height="100" width="100" style="stroke:
          black; fill: none;"/>
          <circle cx="125" cy="125" r="10" style="stroke: none; fill:
          blue;"/>
          <circle cx="75" cy="75" r="10" style="stroke: none; fill:
          blue;"/>
          <circle cx="125" cy="75" r="10" style="stroke: none; fill:
          blue;"/>
          <circle cx="75" cy="125" r="10" style="stroke: none; fill:
          blue;"/>
          <circle cx="75" cy="100" r="10" style="stroke: none; fill:
          blue;"/>
          <circle cx="125" cy="100" r="10" style="stroke: none; fill:
          blue;"/>
          </g>
          <g id="d1" visibility="visible">
          <rect x="50" y="50" height="100" width="100" style="stroke:
          black; fill: none;"/>
          <circle cx="100" cy="100" r="10" style="stroke: none; fill:
          blue;"/>
          </g>
          <g id="d2" visibility="hidden">
          <rect x="50" y="50" height="100" width="100" style="stroke:
          black; fill: none;"/>
          <circle cx="125" cy="125" r="10" style="stroke: none; fill:
          blue;"/>
          <circle cx="75" cy="75" r="10" style="stroke: none; fill:
          blue;"/>
          </g>
          <g id="d4" visibility="hidden">
          <rect x="50" y="50" height="100" width="100" style="stroke:
          black; fill: none;"/>
          <circle cx="125" cy="125" r="10" style="stroke: none; fill:
          blue;"/>
          <circle cx="75" cy="75" r="10" style="stroke: none; fill:
          blue;"/>
          <circle cx="125" cy="75" r="10" style="stroke: none; fill:
          blue;"/>
          <circle cx="75" cy="125" r="10" style="stroke: none; fill:
          blue;"/>
          </g>
          </defs>
          </svg>
        • Samuel Dagan
          Message 4 of 18 , Jul 4, 2005
            Hi Travsam,
            As an answer to your question, many things are wrong in your
            script: where are the end marks of the command lines(;) ?
            What is: d1.visibility("hidden") ? This is not an ecmascript command!
            I undeststand that this is your mid-term project, so you have to
            pick up a book from the library of your college, and first learn how
            to code ecma-script for SVG.
            In the SVG coding, you have everything inside <defs>....</defs>,
            where are the <use>....</use> ? You have also to learn SVG! You can
            use the same book for both.
            Good luck with YOUR project, Samy

            wrote:
> [...]
            > </g>
            > <g id="d2" visibility="hidden">
            > <rect x="50" y="50" height="100" width="100" style="stroke:
            > black; fill: none;"/>
            > <circle cx="125" cy="125" r="10" style="stroke: none; fill:
            > blue;"/>
            > <circle cx="75" cy="75" r="10" style="stroke: none; fill:
            > blue;"/>
            > </g>
            > <g id="d4" visibility="hidden">
            > <rect x="50" y="50" height="100" width="100" style="stroke:
            > black; fill: none;"/>
            > <circle cx="125" cy="125" r="10" style="stroke: none; fill:
            > blue;"/>
            > <circle cx="75" cy="75" r="10" style="stroke: none; fill:
            > blue;"/>
            > <circle cx="125" cy="75" r="10" style="stroke: none; fill:
            > blue;"/>
            > <circle cx="75" cy="125" r="10" style="stroke: none; fill:
          • jucabapa79
            Message 5 of 18 , Jul 4, 2005
              Oh yes, I am sorry, thank you for aclaring this, in fact I found by
              myself some of the mistakes, but even that i corrected the syntax
              mistakes, I can not find the correct SVG code for make the correct
              animation..., this is the new code, and even that i can see some of
              the code i want, it still don't runs properly clicking the throw
              button.

              I know that is my project, I know that I am only an student and I am
              still learning this, that is why I am asking for advices.

              Thank you very much.

              Travsam.

              <?xml version="1.0"?>

              <!DOCTYPE svg PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD SVG
              1.0//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/2001/REC-SVG-20010904/DTD/svg10.dtd">
              <svg width="1000px" height="1000px" viewBox="0 0 1000 1000">
              <script language="text/ecmasscript">
              <![CDATA[
              /** Configures the dice according to a six number's random select.
              It should change the visibility status of one SVG object
              forming dice forms.
              The default number is 1, the visibility will change depending
              of the number.
              */

              function throwDice(){

              var randomDice=Math.round(Math.random()*5);
              dice = randomDice;

              switch ( dice )
              {

              case 1:
              var d2 = svgDocument.getElementbyId("d2");
              d2.setAttribute( "visibility", visStatus );
              break;
              case 2:
              var d3 = svgDocument.getElementbyId("d3");
              d3.setAttribute( "visibility", visStatus );
              break;
              case 3:
              var d4 = svgDocument.getElementbyId("d4");
              d4.setAttribute( "visibility", visStatus );
              break;
              case 4:
              var d5 = svgDocument.getElementbyId("d5");
              d5.setAttribute( "visibility", visStatus );
              break;
              case 5:
              var d6 = svgDocument.getElementbyId("d6");
              d6.setAttribute( "visibility", visStatus );
              break;
              default:
              var d1 = svgDocument.getElementbyId("d1");
              d1.setAttribute( "visibility", visStatus );

              ]]>

              </script>
              <!-- creating the dice pictures that had to match with the value of
              the random number-->

              <g id="d1" visibility="visible">
              <circle cx="100" cy="100" r="10" style="fill: blue;"/>
              </g>
              <g id="d2" visibility="hidden">
              <circle cx="125" cy="125" r="10" style="fill: blue;"/>
              <circle cx="75" cy="75" r="10" style="fill: blue;"/>
              </g>
              <g id="d3" visibility="hidden">
              <circle cx="125" cy="125" r="10" style="fill: blue;"/>
              <circle cx="75" cy="75" r="10" style="fill: blue;"/>
              <circle cx="100" cy="100" r="10" style="fill: blue;"/>
              </g>
              <g id="d4" visibility="hidden">
              <circle cx="125" cy="125" r="10" style="fill: blue;"/>
              <circle cx="75" cy="75" r="10" style="fill: blue;"/>
              <circle cx="125" cy="75" r="10" style="fill: blue;"/>
              <circle cx="75" cy="125" r="10" style="fill: blue;"/>
              </g>
              <g id="d5" visibility="hidden">
              <circle cx="125" cy="125" r="10" style="fill: blue;"/>
              <circle cx="75" cy="75" r="10" style="fill: blue;"/>
              <circle cx="125" cy="75" r="10" style="fill: blue;"/>
              <circle cx="75" cy="125" r="10" style="fill: blue;"/>
              <circle cx="100" cy="100" r="10" style="fill: blue;"/>
              </g>
              <g id="d6" visibility="hidden">
              <circle cx="125" cy="125" r="10" style="fill: blue;"/>
              <circle cx="75" cy="75" r="10" style="fill: blue;"/>
              <circle cx="125" cy="75" r="10" style="fill: blue;"/>
              <circle cx="75" cy="125" r="10" style="fill: blue;"/>
              <circle cx="75" cy="100" r="10" style="fill: blue;"/>
              <circle cx="125" cy="100" r="10" style="fill: blue;"/>
              </g>

              <!--creating the button Throw-->
              <g onclick="throwDice();">
              <rect x="70" y="10" width="60" height="20" rx="4" ry="4"
              style="fill: #ddd;"/>
              <text x="100" y="25" style="text-anchor:
              middle;">Throw</text>
              </g>
              <!--creating the square that involves the dice-->
              <rect x="50" y="50" height="100" width="100" style="fill:
              none; stroke: black;"/>
              </svg>
            • Holger Will
              Message 6 of 18 , Jul 5, 2005
                jucabapa79 schrieb:

                > Oh yes, I am sorry, thank you for aclaring this, in fact I found by
                > myself some of the mistakes, but even that i corrected the syntax
                > mistakes, I can not find the correct SVG code for make the correct
                > animation..., this is the new code, and even that i can see some of
                > the code i want, it still don't runs properly clicking the throw
                > button.
                >
                > I know that is my project, I know that I am only an student and I am
                > still learning this, that is why I am asking for advices.
                >
                > Thank you very much.
                >
                > Travsam.

                Hi Travsam
                there where a few flaws in your code. let me just mention this:
                please allways declare the namespace(xmlns)!! like here:
                <svg width="1000px" height="1000px" viewBox="0 0 1000 1000"
                xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg">

                you can use this script, try to understand what im doing here:

                <script>
                <![CDATA[
                function throwDice(){

                var randomDice=Math.round(Math.random()*5) + 1;
                dice = randomDice;

                for(var i = 1;i<7;i++){
                var d = document.getElementById("d"+ i);
                if(i==dice){
                d.setAttribute( "visibility", "visible" );
                }else{
                d.setAttribute( "visibility", "hidden" );

                ]]>

                </script>

                hth
                Holger
              • jucabapa79
                Message 7 of 18 , Jul 5, 2005
                  Hello Mr. Holger

                  I thank you very much for helping me, I forgot to put the reference
                  of the svg page and i will put it in my next codes.

                  Also I am reviewing the JavaScript code, I will learn of it and I
                  will try to apply this code to other function I want to assign to
                  the DiceValue code.

                  Thanks again.

                  Travsam

                  > <script>
                  > <![CDATA[
                  > function throwDice(){
                  >
                  > var randomDice=Math.round(Math.random()*5) + 1;
                  > dice = randomDice;
                  >
                  > for(var i = 1;i<7;i++){
                  > var d = document.getElementById("d"+ i);
                  > if(i==dice){
                  > d.setAttribute( "visibility", "visible" );
                  > }else{
                  > d.setAttribute( "visibility", "hidden" );
                  > }
                  >
                  > }
                  >

                  > }
                  >
                  > ]]>
                  >
                  > </script>
                  >
                  > hth
                  > Holger
                • jucabapa79
                  Message 8 of 18 , Jul 5, 2005
                    Me again...

                    As I told in some of the messages my dice will have two functions,
                    the first one it was solved, but I still have troubles with the
                    second one.

                    The objective is to move a piece in the sides of a square board of
                    700*700 and I tried using the script down below.

                    But any moment I try to load the SVG the javascript reader gives an
                    exception because is expecting an object, but all SVG is loaded
                    properly, anyway anytime that I click on the "Throw" button gets the
                    same mistake.

                    Any suggestion?

                    Travsam

                    <script type="text/ecmasscript">
                    <![CDATA[
                    /** The dice should move a piece in a board, the piece is
                    in the right down corner, the piece has first to
                    move to the left, when it gets the corner will move up, and
                    so on, moving in the trayectory of the clock, the
                    movement will be controled by a random number between 1 and
                    6.
                    */

                    // svg variables
                    var svgdoc;
                    var svgroot;

                    // game area variables
                    var xMax = 700;
                    var yMax = 700;
                    var xMin = 100;
                    var yMin = 100;

                    // game variables
                    var piece;
                    var pieceX = 700;
                    var pieceY = 700;

                    function init (evt) {

                    svgdoc = evt.getTarget().getOwnerDocument();
                    svgroot = svgdoc.documentElement;
                    piece = svgdoc.getElementbyId("piece");

                    }

                    // function throwDice, it will choose a number between 1 and
                    6 and set it as value "dice"

                    function throwDice(){

                    var randomDice=Math.round(Math.random()*5) + 1;
                    dice = randomDice;

                    }
                    // function movePiece, first it will move the piece to the
                    left, then it
                    have to check when the piece arribes to the left corner then
                    it moves up and so
                    on, also it will use the counter "dice" that comes from the
                    throwDice function.

                    function movePiece()
                    {

                    Do
                    {
                    pieceX = pieceX - 100;
                    if pieceX = xMin and pieceY = yMax
                    {
                    pieceY = pieceY - 100;
                    }
                    else if pieceX = xMin AND pieceY = yMin
                    {
                    pieceX = pieceX + 100;
                    }
                    else if pieceX = xMax AND pieceY = yMin
                    {
                    pieceY = pieceY + 100;
                    }
                    Dice = Dice-1;
                    piece.setAttribute("cx",pieceX);
                    piece.setAttribute("cy",pieceY);
                    }
                    While Dice > 0;

                    }

                    // ]]>

                    </script>
                  • Holger Will
                    Message 9 of 18 , Jul 7, 2005
                      jucabapa79 schrieb:

                      > Me again...
                      >
                      > As I told in some of the messages my dice will have two functions,
                      > the first one it was solved, but I still have troubles with the
                      > second one.
                      >
                      > The objective is to move a piece in the sides of a square board of
                      > 700*700 and I tried using the script down below.
                      >
                      > But any moment I try to load the SVG the javascript reader gives an
                      > exception because is expecting an object, but all SVG is loaded
                      > properly, anyway anytime that I click on the "Throw" button gets the
                      > same mistake.
                      >
                      > Any suggestion?

                      hi
                      ive written two small examples,
                      the first is a simple game framework. showing a simple gameloop.
                      http://www.treebuilder.de/svg/monopoly01.svg
                      the second is a basic monopoly framework,
                      http://www.treebuilder.de/svg/monopoly02.svg
                      study both examples, if you have any questions concerning this code,
                      just ask.
                      cheers
                      Holger

                      > Travsam
                      >
                      > <script type="text/ecmasscript">
                      > <![CDATA[
                      > /** The dice should move a piece in a board, the piece is
                      > in the right down corner, the piece has first to
                      > move to the left, when it gets the corner will move up, and
                      > so on, moving in the trayectory of the clock, the
                      > movement will be controled by a random number between 1 and
                      > 6.
                      > */
                      >
                      > // svg variables
                      > var svgdoc;
                      > var svgroot;
                      >
                      > // game area variables
                      > var xMax = 700;
                      > var yMax = 700;
                      > var xMin = 100;
                      > var yMin = 100;
                      >
                      > // game variables
                      > var piece;
                      > var pieceX = 700;
                      > var pieceY = 700;
                      >
                      > function init (evt) {
                      >
                      > svgdoc = evt.getTarget().getOwnerDocument();
                      > svgroot = svgdoc.documentElement;
                      > piece = svgdoc.getElementbyId("piece");
                      >
                      > }
                      >
                      > // function throwDice, it will choose a number between 1 and
                      > 6 and set it as value "dice"
                      >
                      > function throwDice(){
                      >
                      > var randomDice=Math.round(Math.random()*5) + 1;
                      > dice = randomDice;
                      >

                      > }
                      > // function movePiece, first it will move the piece to the
                      > left, then it
                      > have to check when the piece arribes to the left corner then
                      > it moves up and so
                      > on, also it will use the counter "dice" that comes from the
                      > throwDice function.
                      >
                      > function movePiece()
                      > {
                      >
                      > Do
                      > {
                      > pieceX = pieceX - 100;
                      > if pieceX = xMin and pieceY = yMax
                      > {
                      > pieceY = pieceY - 100;
                      > }
                      > else if pieceX = xMin AND pieceY = yMin
                      > {
                      > pieceX = pieceX + 100;
                      > }
                      > else if pieceX = xMax AND pieceY = yMin
                      > {
                      > pieceY = pieceY + 100;
                      > }
                      > Dice = Dice-1;
                      > piece.setAttribute("cx",pieceX);
                      > piece.setAttribute("cy",pieceY);
                      > }
                      > While Dice > 0;
                      >
                      > }
                      >

                      > // ]]>
                      >
                      > </script>

                    • jucabapa79
                      Message 10 of 18 , Jul 7, 2005
                        Mr. Holger, I will check the code made by you and study all the
                        properties, so I can adapt it to my game board, and also to learn
                        more about scripting because for me it this the most difficult thing
                        in SVG.

                        I will do my best.

                        Travsam

                        --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, Holger Will <holger@t...>

                      • jucabapa79
                        Message 11 of 18 , Jul 7, 2005
                          Good afternoon.

                          I review the code made by Mr. Holger and this is working properly in
                          a 3 X 3 board, but I have troubles to make it run properly in a 6 X
                          6 board what I mean?

                          First I made that my game pieces run in the down right corner, but
                          when the pieces began to run using the throw button, they are
                          running first one space to the left and then one space down, and
                          they never go straight in one direction and also they go out of the
                          board.

                          Would someone explain me what is going on? What do you suggest to
                          correct this bug and made it run properly?

                          Greetings.

                          Travsam

                          <jucabapa79@y...> wrote:
> [...]
                          > > > var pieceX = 700;
                          > > > var pieceY = 700;
                          > > >
                          > > > function init (evt) {
                          > > >
                          > > > svgdoc = evt.getTarget().getOwnerDocument();
                          > > > svgroot = svgdoc.documentElement;
                          > > > piece = svgdoc.getElementbyId("piece");
                          > > >
                          > > > }
                          > > >
                          > > > // function throwDice, it will choose a number between 1
                          > and
                          > > > 6 and set it as value "dice"
                          > > >
                          > > > function throwDice(){
                          > > >
                          > > > var randomDice=Math.round(Math.random()*5) + 1;
                          > > > dice = randomDice;
                          > > >

                          > > > }
                          > > > // function movePiece, first it will move the piece to
                          the
                          > > > left, then it
                          > > > have to check when the piece arribes to the left corner
                          > then
                          > > > it moves up and so
                          > > > on, also it will use the counter "dice" that comes from

                        • jucabapa79
                          Message 12 of 18 , Jul 7, 2005
                            I repaired the board table and the pieces go straight to the left as
                            I plan but it still don't turn and go out of the game board...

                            I will follow searching what is wrong...

                            Greetings.

                            <jucabapa79@y...> wrote:
                            > Good afternoon.
                            >
                            > I review the code made by Mr. Holger and this is working properly
                            in
                            > a 3 X 3 board, but I have troubles to make it run properly in a 6
                            > 6 board what I mean?
                            >
                            > First I made that my game pieces run in the down right corner, but
                            > when the pieces began to run using the throw button, they are
                            > running first one space to the left and then one space down, and
                            > they never go straight in one direction and also they go out of
                            the
                            > board.
                            >
                            > Would someone explain me what is going on? What do you suggest to
                            > correct this bug and made it run properly?
                            >
                            > Greetings.
                            >
                            > Travsam
                            >
                            > --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "jucabapa79"
                            > <jucabapa79@y...> wrote:
                            > > Mr. Holger, I will check the code made by you and study all the
                            > > properties, so I can adapt it to my game board, and also to
                            learn
                            > > more about scripting because for me it this the most difficult
                            > thing
                            > > in SVG.
                            > >
                            > > I will do my best.
                            > >
                            > > Travsam
                            > >
                            > > --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, Holger Will <holger@t...>
                            > > wrote:

                            > > functions,

                            > board
                            > > of

                            > gives
                            > > an
                            > gets
                            > > the

                            > > > hi
                            > > > ive written two small examples,
                            > > > the first is a simple game framework. showing a simple
                            gameloop.
                            > > > http://www.treebuilder.de/svg/monopoly01.svg
                            > > > the second is a basic monopoly framework,
                            > > > http://www.treebuilder.de/svg/monopoly02.svg
                            > > > study both examples, if you have any questions concerning this
                            > > code,
                            > > > just ask.
                            > > > cheers
                            > > > Holger

                            > is
                            > and
                            > and

                            > > and

                            > the
                            > > then
                            > the

                          • Holger Will
                            Message 13 of 18 , Jul 8, 2005
                              jucabapa79 schrieb:

                              > I repaired the board table and the pieces go straight to the left as
                              > I plan but it still don't turn and go out of the game board...

                              i can only comment on those issues , if you tell me what changes you
                              have done to the script.

                              > I will follow searching what is wrong...

                              good, good ! play around with the code a bit, write smaller testcases,
                              dont go for the whole game in one shot.
                              let me know when you ve made some progress.

                              cheers
                              Holger
                            • jucabapa79
                              Message 14 of 18 , Jul 21, 2005
                                Well, I tried to do all the possible things to fix the trouble with
                                the trayectory of the board, first I configure the code sent by Mr.
                                Holger to use it in a 7 X 7 board, then to check the differences
                                between the program of Mr. Holger and adecuate them to my program
                                and check the typos if there are.

                                Anyway the pieces are still moving in a wrong way, even that I
                                configure the board in different ways the pieces still go straight
                                (what I mean with configure the board?, well, it means that I first
                                put the initial position in the down right square (the bigger X and
                                Y position on a graphic) of the board and then I put it on the up
                                left square (the 0 position of X and Y on the board).

                                But the trouble stays there, it looks like these code is getting me
                                some troubles.

                                if(this.dx==0 && this.dy==0 && this.move!=0) {
                                this.move-=1
                                oldField=this.field*1
                                newField=oldField*1+1
                                if(newField>=24){newField=0}
                                this.dx=gameboard[newField].cx-gameboard
                                [oldField].cx
                                this.dy=gameboard[newField].cy-gameboard
                                [oldField].cy
                                this.Field=newField
                                }
                                if (this.dx>0) {
                                this.dx-=2
                                this.currentX+=2
                                }
                                if(this.dy<0){
                                this.dy+=2
                                this.currentY-=2
                                }
                                if(this.dx<0){
                                this.dx+=2
                                this.currentX-=2
                                }
                                if(this.dy>0) {
                                this.dy-=2
                                this.currentY+=2
                                }

                                Well, this is the trouble.

                                By other side I am interested to modify text data on SVG using a SQL
                                database... is posible to do it?

                                Greetings and sorry for the inconveniences.

                                <jucabapa79@y...> wrote:
                                > I repaired the board table and the pieces go straight to the left
                                as
                                > I plan but it still don't turn and go out of the game board...
                                >
                                > I will follow searching what is wrong...
                                >
                                > Greetings.
                                >
                                > --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "jucabapa79"
                                > <jucabapa79@y...> wrote:
                                > > Good afternoon.
                                > >
                                > > I review the code made by Mr. Holger and this is working
                                properly
                                > in
                                > > a 3 X 3 board, but I have troubles to make it run properly in a
                                6
                                > > 6 board what I mean?
                                > >
                                > > First I made that my game pieces run in the down right corner,
                                but
                                > > when the pieces began to run using the throw button, they are
                                > > running first one space to the left and then one space down, and
                                > > they never go straight in one direction and also they go out of
                                > the
                                > > board.
                                > >
                                > > Would someone explain me what is going on? What do you suggest
                                > > correct this bug and made it run properly?
                                > >
                                > > Greetings.
                                > >
                                > > Travsam
                                > >
                                > > --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "jucabapa79"
                                > > <jucabapa79@y...> wrote:
                                > > > Mr. Holger, I will check the code made by you and study all
                                the
                                > > > properties, so I can adapt it to my game board, and also to
                                > learn
                                > > > more about scripting because for me it this the most difficult
                                > > thing
                                > > > in SVG.
                                > > >
                                > > > I will do my best.
                                > > >
                                > > > Travsam
                                > > >
                                > > > --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, Holger Will
                                <holger@t...>

                                > > > functions,
                                > the

                                > > board
                                > > > of

                                > > gives
                                > > > an
                                > loaded
                                > > gets
                                > > > the

                                > gameloop.
                                > > > code,

                                > piece
                                > > is
                                > up,
                                > > and
                                > 1
                                > > and

                                > 1
                                > > > and

                                > > the
                                > corner
                                > > > then
                                > from
                                > > the

                              • Holger Will
                                Message 15 of 18 , Jul 22, 2005
                                  Hi Travsam

                                  > Well, I tried to do all the possible things to fix the trouble with
                                  > the trayectory of the board, first I configure the code sent by Mr.
                                  > Holger to use it in a 7 X 7 board, then to check the differences
                                  > between the program of Mr. Holger and adecuate them to my program
                                  > and check the typos if there are.
                                  >
                                  > Anyway the pieces are still moving in a wrong way, even that I
                                  > configure the board in different ways the pieces still go straight
                                  > (what I mean with configure the board?, well, it means that I first
                                  > put the initial position in the down right square (the bigger X and
                                  > Y position on a graphic) of the board and then I put it on the up
                                  > left square (the 0 position of X and Y on the board).
                                  >
                                  > But the trouble stays there, it looks like these code is getting me
                                  > some troubles.
                                  >
                                  > if(this.dx==0 && this.dy==0 && this.move!=0) {
                                  > this.move-=1
                                  > oldField=this.field*1
                                  > newField=oldField*1+1
                                  > if(newField>=24){newField=0}
                                  > this.dx=gameboard[newField].cx-gameboard
                                  > [oldField].cx
                                  > this.dy=gameboard[newField].cy-gameboard
                                  > [oldField].cy
                                  > this.Field=newField
                                  > }
                                  > if (this.dx>0) {
                                  > this.dx-=2
                                  > this.currentX+=2
                                  > }
                                  > if(this.dy<0){
                                  > this.dy+=2
                                  > this.currentY-=2
                                  > }
                                  > if(this.dx<0){
                                  > this.dx+=2
                                  > this.currentX-=2
                                  > }
                                  > if(this.dy>0) {
                                  > this.dy-=2
                                  > this.currentY+=2
                                  > }
                                  >
                                  > Well, this is the trouble.

                                  the code looks correct to me, could you put your complete file online
                                  somewhere ? if not, just send the file to my email adress.
                                  i guess its got something to do with your board representation.

                                  > By other side I am interested to modify text data on SVG using a SQL
                                  > database... is posible to do it?

                                  yes you can comunicate with a DB via a server, using postURL() and
                                  getURL(). on windows using IE + ASV you could also use ActiveX to
                                  comunicate with any DB using ADO.

                                  greetings
                                  Holger