RE: [svg-developers] Re: Google Maps

  • William McKenzie
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 1, 2005
      This is the biggest threat to their business that ESRI will ever see.

      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 1, 2005
        Not really. ESRI technology is so much more than just maps with
        lat/longs.

        Alastair

        --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "William McKenzie" <bill@c...>
        wrote:
        > This is the biggest threat to their business that ESRI will ever see.

      • Ernesto Mislej
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 1, 2005
          Do anyone know a GIS Client with SVG + AJAX similar to maps.google or
          ka-map?

          Greets, Ernesto
        • hai_va
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 3, 2005
            An example at website: www.smap.vdc.com.vn/webmap/applet/default.htm,
            but the language is Vietnamese only!

            --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, Ernesto Mislej <emislej@a...>
            wrote:
            > Do anyone know a GIS Client with SVG + AJAX similar to maps.google
            or
            > ka-map?
            >
            > Greets, Ernesto
          • Z T Minhas
            Message 5 of 8 , Oct 19, 2005

              Is there a programmatic way in java to embed my SVG document, which has
              lots of javascript into PDF? I am currently using FOP. but i am not sure
              how I can use FOP to embed SVG into PDF.

              Zafar
            • sara_j_porter
              Message 6 of 8 , Oct 20, 2005
                Anyone care to comment on the Google Maps API?
                http://www.google.com/apis/maps/

                When I searched "SVG" in the Google Maps Group
                (http://groups.google.com/group/Google-Maps-API), some listings came up.

                Samples of the mash-ups can be found on this guy's blog:
                http://googlemapsmania.blogspot.com/

                Sara Porter
              • Jim Ley
                Message 7 of 8 , Oct 20, 2005
                  "sara_j_porter" <sjporter@...> wrote in message
                  > Anyone care to comment on the Google Maps API?

                  Sure, it's an API, it's very mappy..

                  > When I searched "SVG" in the Google Maps Group
                  > (http://groups.google.com/group/Google-Maps-API), some listings came up.

                  Yeah, both me and completely independantly and before me Ted Mielczarek
                  modified the API to support SVG lines in SVG UA's, it's not really
                  interesting until Google adds it properly though, these API modification
                  methods will not be robust to future changes, so will never be genuinely
                  usable.

                  Nice to see you back Sara...

                  Cheers,

                  Jim.