Re: Save SVG as PNG file?

  • Jan
    Message 1 of 16 , Mar 1, 2005
      Do you know if this bug occurs with only the online version of
      Batik? Maybe I could try to download Batik and try it.

      Jan

      --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "Aashish Singhvi"
      <aashishsinghvi@y...> wrote:

      > Can you share the svg file that you were trying to convert to JPEG?
      > I tried converting to PNG, JPEG and it produces something.
      >
      > May be, it is the issue with viewBox, I mentioned below.
      >
      > -Aashish
      >
      > --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "Jan" <janlmiller@c...>
      wrote:

      > > I tried this utility with my svg file and it created a blank jpeg
      > > file. Any idea why?
      > >

      > > --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "Aashish Singhvi"
      > > <aashishsinghvi@y...> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > An online utility is also available at
      > > > http://www.fileformat.info/convert/image/svg2raster.htm
      > > > which uses Batik to do the conversion without having to type on
      > the
      > > > command line.
      > > >
      > > > I tried with some of my SVG files. It is pretty easy to use.
      > > > However, (I don't know if this problem is specific to this
      > utility
      > > or
      > > > within the Batik conversion software itself) if you have
      viewBox
      > > > attributes that do implicit transforms during viewing, the
      output
      > > may
      > > > not be correct.
      > > >
      > > > HTH,
      > > > Aashish
      > > >
      > > > --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "wywytse" <wywytse@y...>

      SVG
      > > and

      > <tbellmer@e...>

      > SVG
      > > this?

      message "convert
      > > svg
      > capture
      > > > something

      It
      > > does
      > no
    • Jan
      Message 2 of 16 , Mar 1, 2005
        I get the following error when I try to execute the java command line
        below:

        C:\Program Files\Batik SVG Browser\batik-1.5.1>java -jar batik-
        rasterizer.jar -
        m image/png anne.svg
        Exception in thread "main" java.security.AccessControlException:
        access denied (
        java.util.PropertyPermission java.security.policy write)
        at java.security.AccessControlContext.checkPermission(Unknown
        Source)
        at java.security.AccessController.checkPermission(Unknown
        Source)
        at java.lang.System.setProperty(Unknown Source)
        at
        org.apache.batik.util.ApplicationSecurityEnforcer.installSecurityMana
        ger(Unknown Source)
        at
        org.apache.batik.util.ApplicationSecurityEnforcer.enforceSecurity(Unk
        nown Source)
        at org.apache.batik.apps.rasterizer.Main.execute(Unknown
        Source)
        at org.apache.batik.apps.rasterizer.Main.main(Unknown Source)

        Does anyone know why?

        Jan

        <thomas.deweese@k...> wrote:
        > wywytse wrote:
        > >
        > > I have download Batik, but how can it automated render the SVG
        and
        > > save it as a PNG??
        >
        > If you got the binary dist. Then there is a jar file
        > called 'batik-rasterizer.jar'.
        >
        > The following should work assuming you are in the
        > release directory:
        >
        > % java -jar batik-rasterizer.jar -m image/png samples/anne.svg
        >
        > You can use -help to get a list of other options (like
        > output directory/file, etc).
      • Thomas DeWeese
        Message 3 of 16 , Mar 1, 2005
          Hi Jan,

          What version of Java are you using?
          Is it possible you have a non-standard security policy installed?

          Anyway you can most likely get around this by using the
          '-scriptSecurityOff' switch (which disables the install of
          the script security policy).

          Message 4 of 16 , Mar 1, 2005
            Hi Aashish,

            Aashish Singhvi wrote:

            > I tried with some of my SVG files. It is pretty easy to use.
            > However, (I don't know if this problem is specific to this utility or
            > within the Batik conversion software itself) if you have viewBox
            > attributes that do implicit transforms during viewing, the output may
            > not be correct.

            Usually the problem is content without a viewBox attribute.
            The problem is that without a viewBox it is impossible to know what
            area of the infinate canvas should be displayed. If you have a
            width and/or height specified it will render 0,0 w, h. If you
            don't have them either then it randomly chooses 0,0 400,400 as
            you have provided no useful indication of the region to render
            (people often suggest using the BBOX and in some cases this
            may be better, but often the bbox is not correct).

            This of course is all easily changed if you want to write
            a little code.
          • Jan
            Message 5 of 16 , Mar 2, 2005
              <thomas.deweese@k...> wrote:
              >Anyway you can most likely get around this by using the
              >'-scriptSecurityOff' switch (which disables the install of
              >the script security policy).

              Yes, I tried this and that worked. Thanks.

              > Usually the problem is content without a viewBox attribute.
              > The problem is that without a viewBox it is impossible to know what
              > area of the infinate canvas should be displayed. If you have a
              > width and/or height specified it will render 0,0 w, h. If you
              > don't have them either then it randomly chooses 0,0 400,400 as
              > you have provided no useful indication of the region to render
              > (people often suggest using the BBOX and in some cases this
              > may be better, but often the bbox is not correct).
              >
              > This of course is all easily changed if you want to write
              > a little code.

              I'm also using width='100%' height='100%'. Guess I'll have to add a
              viewbox to my svg then and try again. Thanks.