Re: Save SVG as PNG file?

  • Aashish Singhvi
    Message 1 of 16 , Mar 1, 2005
      Can you share the svg file that you were trying to convert to JPEG?
      I tried converting to PNG, JPEG and it produces something.

      May be, it is the issue with viewBox, I mentioned below.

      -Aashish

      --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "Jan" <janlmiller@c...> wrote:

      > I tried this utility with my svg file and it created a blank jpeg
      > file. Any idea why?
      >

      > --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "Aashish Singhvi"
      > <aashishsinghvi@y...> wrote:
      > >
      > > An online utility is also available at
      > > http://www.fileformat.info/convert/image/svg2raster.htm
      > > which uses Batik to do the conversion without having to type on
      the
      > > command line.
      > >
      > > I tried with some of my SVG files. It is pretty easy to use.
      > > However, (I don't know if this problem is specific to this
      utility
      > or
      > > within the Batik conversion software itself) if you have viewBox
      > > attributes that do implicit transforms during viewing, the output
      > may
      > > not be correct.
      > >
      > > HTH,
      > > Aashish
      > >
      > > --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "wywytse" <wywytse@y...>
      > wrote:
      > > >
      > > > I have download Batik, but how can it automated render the SVG
      > and
      > > > save it as a PNG??
      > > >
      > > > Thanks...........
      > > >

      > > > --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "tbone58x"
      <tbellmer@e...>

      SVG
      > > > content as
      > this?

      > svg
      > > > the
      > > something

      > > > (http://xml.apache.org/batik) to
      > does
      > > > capture as a
    • Jan
      Message 2 of 16 , Mar 1, 2005
        I will email to you separately. I tried to upload it to the files
        area, but even zipped it was too big. If anyone else wants to try
        it, please let me know.

        Thanks,

        Jan

        <aashishsinghvi@y...> wrote:

        > Can you share the svg file that you were trying to convert to JPEG?
        > I tried converting to PNG, JPEG and it produces something.
        >
        > May be, it is the issue with viewBox, I mentioned below.
        >
        > -Aashish
        >
        > --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "Jan" <janlmiller@c...>
        wrote:

        > > I tried this utility with my svg file and it created a blank jpeg
        > > file. Any idea why?
        > >

        > > --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "Aashish Singhvi"
        > > <aashishsinghvi@y...> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > An online utility is also available at
        > > > http://www.fileformat.info/convert/image/svg2raster.htm
        > > > which uses Batik to do the conversion without having to type on
        > the
        > > > command line.
        > > >
        > > > I tried with some of my SVG files. It is pretty easy to use.
        > > > However, (I don't know if this problem is specific to this
        > utility
        > > or
        > > > within the Batik conversion software itself) if you have
        viewBox
        > > > attributes that do implicit transforms during viewing, the
        output
        > > may
        > > > not be correct.
        > > >
        > > > HTH,
        > > > Aashish
        > > >
        > > > --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "wywytse" <wywytse@y...>

        SVG
        > > and

        > <tbellmer@e...>

        > SVG
        > > this?

        > > svg
        > capture
        > > > something

        It
        > > does
        > no
      • Jan
        Message 3 of 16 , Mar 1, 2005
          I'm using the default viewbox, however I am doing a transform='scale
          (0.00025)' within the svg.

          Jan

          <aashishsinghvi@y...> wrote:

          > Can you share the svg file that you were trying to convert to JPEG?
          > I tried converting to PNG, JPEG and it produces something.
          >
          > May be, it is the issue with viewBox, I mentioned below.
          >
          > -Aashish
          >
          > --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "Jan" <janlmiller@c...>
          wrote:

          > > I tried this utility with my svg file and it created a blank jpeg
          > > file. Any idea why?
          > >

          > > --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "Aashish Singhvi"
          > > <aashishsinghvi@y...> wrote:
          > > >
          > > > An online utility is also available at
          > > > http://www.fileformat.info/convert/image/svg2raster.htm
          > > > which uses Batik to do the conversion without having to type on
          > the
          > > > command line.
          > > >
          > > > I tried with some of my SVG files. It is pretty easy to use.
          > > > However, (I don't know if this problem is specific to this
          > utility
          > > or
          > > > within the Batik conversion software itself) if you have
          viewBox
          > > > attributes that do implicit transforms during viewing, the
          output
          > > may
          > > > not be correct.
          > > >
          > > > HTH,
          > > > Aashish
          > > >
          > > > --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "wywytse" <wywytse@y...>

          SVG
          > > and

          > <tbellmer@e...>

          > SVG
          > > this?

          > > svg
          > capture
          > > > something

          It
          > > does
          > no
        • Jan
          Message 4 of 16 , Mar 1, 2005
            Do you know if this bug occurs with only the online version of
            Batik? Maybe I could try to download Batik and try it.

            Jan

            <aashishsinghvi@y...> wrote:

            > Can you share the svg file that you were trying to convert to JPEG?
            > I tried converting to PNG, JPEG and it produces something.
            >
            > May be, it is the issue with viewBox, I mentioned below.
            >
            > -Aashish
            >
            > --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "Jan" <janlmiller@c...>
            wrote:

            > > I tried this utility with my svg file and it created a blank jpeg
            > > file. Any idea why?
            > >

            > > --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "Aashish Singhvi"
            > > <aashishsinghvi@y...> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > An online utility is also available at
            > > > http://www.fileformat.info/convert/image/svg2raster.htm
            > > > which uses Batik to do the conversion without having to type on
            > the
            > > > command line.
            > > >
            > > > I tried with some of my SVG files. It is pretty easy to use.
            > > > However, (I don't know if this problem is specific to this
            > utility
            > > or
            > > > within the Batik conversion software itself) if you have
            viewBox
            > > > attributes that do implicit transforms during viewing, the
            output
            > > may
            > > > not be correct.
            > > >
            > > > HTH,
            > > > Aashish
            > > >
            > > > --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "wywytse" <wywytse@y...>

            SVG
            > > and

            > <tbellmer@e...>

            > SVG
            > > this?

            > > svg
            > capture
            > > > something

            It
            > > does
            > no
          • Jan
            Message 5 of 16 , Mar 1, 2005
              I get the following error when I try to execute the java command line
              below:

              C:\Program Files\Batik SVG Browser\batik-1.5.1>java -jar batik-
              rasterizer.jar -
              m image/png anne.svg
              Exception in thread "main" java.security.AccessControlException:
              access denied (
              java.util.PropertyPermission java.security.policy write)
              at java.security.AccessControlContext.checkPermission(Unknown
              Source)
              at java.security.AccessController.checkPermission(Unknown
              Source)
              at java.lang.System.setProperty(Unknown Source)
              at
              org.apache.batik.util.ApplicationSecurityEnforcer.installSecurityMana
              ger(Unknown Source)
              at
              org.apache.batik.util.ApplicationSecurityEnforcer.enforceSecurity(Unk
              nown Source)
              at org.apache.batik.apps.rasterizer.Main.execute(Unknown
              Source)
              at org.apache.batik.apps.rasterizer.Main.main(Unknown Source)

              Does anyone know why?

              Jan

              <thomas.deweese@k...> wrote:
              > wywytse wrote:
              > >
              > > I have download Batik, but how can it automated render the SVG
              and
              > > save it as a PNG??
              >
              > If you got the binary dist. Then there is a jar file
              > called 'batik-rasterizer.jar'.
              >
              > The following should work assuming you are in the
              > release directory:
              >
              > % java -jar batik-rasterizer.jar -m image/png samples/anne.svg
              >
              > You can use -help to get a list of other options (like
              > output directory/file, etc).
            • Thomas DeWeese
              Message 6 of 16 , Mar 1, 2005
                Hi Jan,

                What version of Java are you using?
                Is it possible you have a non-standard security policy installed?

                Anyway you can most likely get around this by using the
                '-scriptSecurityOff' switch (which disables the install of
                the script security policy).

                Message 7 of 16 , Mar 1, 2005
                  Hi Aashish,

                  Aashish Singhvi wrote:

                  > I tried with some of my SVG files. It is pretty easy to use.
                  > However, (I don't know if this problem is specific to this utility or
                  > within the Batik conversion software itself) if you have viewBox
                  > attributes that do implicit transforms during viewing, the output may
                  > not be correct.

                  Usually the problem is content without a viewBox attribute.
                  The problem is that without a viewBox it is impossible to know what
                  area of the infinate canvas should be displayed. If you have a
                  width and/or height specified it will render 0,0 w, h. If you
                  don't have them either then it randomly chooses 0,0 400,400 as
                  you have provided no useful indication of the region to render
                  (people often suggest using the BBOX and in some cases this
                  may be better, but often the bbox is not correct).

                  This of course is all easily changed if you want to write
                  a little code.
                • Jan
                  Message 8 of 16 , Mar 2, 2005
                    <thomas.deweese@k...> wrote:
                    >Anyway you can most likely get around this by using the
                    >'-scriptSecurityOff' switch (which disables the install of
                    >the script security policy).

                    Yes, I tried this and that worked. Thanks.

                    > Usually the problem is content without a viewBox attribute.
                    > The problem is that without a viewBox it is impossible to know what
                    > area of the infinate canvas should be displayed. If you have a
                    > width and/or height specified it will render 0,0 w, h. If you
                    > don't have them either then it randomly chooses 0,0 400,400 as
                    > you have provided no useful indication of the region to render
                    > (people often suggest using the BBOX and in some cases this
                    > may be better, but often the bbox is not correct).
                    >
                    > This of course is all easily changed if you want to write
                    > a little code.

                    I'm also using width='100%' height='100%'. Guess I'll have to add a
                    viewbox to my svg then and try again. Thanks.