Re: ViewBox Question

  • Aashish Singhvi
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 1, 2005
      TYPO:
      svgroot.getElementById in my message
      should be svgroot.getAttribute

      and parseInt could be parseFloat depending on the precision of your
      co-ordinate system.

      -Aashish

      --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "Aashish Singhvi"
      <aashishsinghvi@y...> wrote:

      > re: "what viewbox values are actually used by svg
      > > when you don't set the viewbox,"
      >
      > If you don't specify the viewBox attribute, it would work like
      > specifying viewBox="0 0 0 0". However, width=0 and height=0 do not
      > make sense. So the SVG Viewer renders with 100% of width and height
      > of the svg element respectively.
      >
      > So,you could try:
      > vx = 0;
      > vy = 0;
      > vw = parseInt(svgroot.getElementById("width"));
      > vh = parseInt(svgroot.getElementById("height"));
      >
      > viewBoxArray = (vx, vy, vw, vh);
      >
      > HTH,
      > Aashish
      >
      > --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "Jan" <janlmiller@c...>
      wrote:

      > > I'm trying to incorporate my svg map app into another app that
      > > already exists. The already existing app already has zoom
      controls
      > > and a dropdown box that I would like to use and it works if I use
      > the
      > > default viewbox (i.e. no viewbox values set). However, if I set
      > > viewbox, the zoom controls and dropdown box no longer work
      > properly.
      > > I'm not sure why this is happening, but the controls that are
      > already
      > > written are very complex.
      > >
      > > I'm trying to figure out what viewbox values are actually used by
      > svg
      > > when you don't set the viewbox, if I can determine what these
      > values
      > > are, and if I can still use the split method of moving the map.
      > >

      > > --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Peto" <svgdev@r...>
      > > wrote:
      > > > Hi,
      > > >
      > > > I have an innerSVG and an outerSVG.
      > > >
      > > > See:
      > > >
      > > > http://www.resource-solutions.de/svg/viewbox_map
      > > >
      > > > Tell me if this is what you are looking for and I will send you
      > the
      > > > code.
      > > >

      > > > Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Regards
      > > > Chris Peto
      > > > Freelance System Development, Resource Solutions
      > > > Founding Partner, Vectoreal
      > > > -------------------------------------
      > > > Germany
      > > > Mobile: +49 (0) 173 308 7843
      > > > Tel:+49(0) 6103 80 21 98
      > > > http://www.resource-solutions.de <http://www.resource-
      > > solutions.de/>
      > > > http://www.vectoreal.com <http://www.vectoreal.com/>
      > > > SVG editor: http://www.resource-solutions.de/svgeditor.html
      > > > mailto:CPeto@r...
      > > > Member of: SPARK - SVG Programmers' Application Resource Kit
      > > > SVG site: http://www.schemasoft.org/svg/main.svg
      > > > HTML site: http://www.schemasoft.org/

      Does

      <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129lbs9aj/M=298184.6018725.7038619.300117
      > > 6/

      D=groups/S=1706030389:HM/EXP=1109774974/A=2593423/R=0/SIG=11el9gslf/*h