Re: Save SVG as PNG file?

  • wywytse
    Message 1 of 16 , Mar 1, 2005
      I have download Batik, but how can it automated render the SVG and
      save it as a PNG??

      Thanks...........

      --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "tbone58x" <tbellmer@e...>

      (http://xml.apache.org/batik) to
      > > render the SVG and save it as a PNG (or JPEG, or TIFF). It does
      > > essentially all of Static SVG (and most of dynamic SVG, but no
      > > SMIL animation). So for essentially anything you want to
      capture as a
      > > PNG it does a great job.
    • Thomas DeWeese
      Message 2 of 16 , Mar 1, 2005
        wywytse wrote:

        > I have download Batik, but how can it automated render the SVG and
        > save it as a PNG??

        If you got the binary dist. Then there is a jar file
        called 'batik-rasterizer.jar'.

        The following should work assuming you are in the
        release directory:

        % java -jar batik-rasterizer.jar -m image/png samples/anne.svg

        You can use -help to get a list of other options (like
        output directory/file, etc).
      • Aashish Singhvi
        Message 3 of 16 , Mar 1, 2005
          An online utility is also available at
          http://www.fileformat.info/convert/image/svg2raster.htm
          which uses Batik to do the conversion without having to type on the
          command line.

          I tried with some of my SVG files. It is pretty easy to use.
          However, (I don't know if this problem is specific to this utility or
          within the Batik conversion software itself) if you have viewBox
          attributes that do implicit transforms during viewing, the output may
          not be correct.

          HTH,
          Aashish

          --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "wywytse" <wywytse@y...> wrote:

          > I have download Batik, but how can it automated render the SVG and
          > save it as a PNG??
          >
          > Thanks...........
          >

          > --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "tbone58x" <tbellmer@e...>
          > wrote:
          > >
          > > Batik worked - thanks!
          > > --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, Thomas DeWeese
          > > <thomas.deweese@k...> wrote:
          > > > Hi Philippe,

          > content as

          > > jpeg or
          > the
          > > like AutoIt.
          > > >
          > > > If you want it automated use Batik
          > (http://xml.apache.org/batik) to
          > > > render the SVG and save it as a PNG (or JPEG, or TIFF). It does
          > > > essentially all of Static SVG (and most of dynamic SVG, but no
          > > > SMIL animation). So for essentially anything you want to
          > capture as a
          > > > PNG it does a great job.
        • Jan
          Message 4 of 16 , Mar 1, 2005
            I tried this utility with my svg file and it created a blank jpeg
            file. Any idea why?

            --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "Aashish Singhvi"
            <aashishsinghvi@y...> wrote:

            > An online utility is also available at
            > http://www.fileformat.info/convert/image/svg2raster.htm
            > which uses Batik to do the conversion without having to type on the
            > command line.
            >
            > I tried with some of my SVG files. It is pretty easy to use.
            > However, (I don't know if this problem is specific to this utility
            or
            > within the Batik conversion software itself) if you have viewBox
            > attributes that do implicit transforms during viewing, the output
            may
            > not be correct.
            >
            > HTH,
            > Aashish
            >
            > --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "wywytse" <wywytse@y...>
            wrote:

            > > I have download Batik, but how can it automated render the SVG
            and
            > > save it as a PNG??
            > >
            > > Thanks...........
            > >

            > > --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "tbone58x" <tbellmer@e...>
            > > wrote:
            > > >
            > > > Batik worked - thanks!
            > > > --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, Thomas DeWeese

            > > content as

            > > > jpeg or
            > > the
            > something
            > > > like AutoIt.

            > > (http://xml.apache.org/batik) to
            > > capture as a
          • Aashish Singhvi
            Message 5 of 16 , Mar 1, 2005
              Can you share the svg file that you were trying to convert to JPEG?
              I tried converting to PNG, JPEG and it produces something.

              May be, it is the issue with viewBox, I mentioned below.

              -Aashish

              --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "Jan" <janlmiller@c...> wrote:

              > I tried this utility with my svg file and it created a blank jpeg
              > file. Any idea why?
              >

              > --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "Aashish Singhvi"
              > <aashishsinghvi@y...> wrote:
              > >
              > > An online utility is also available at
              > > http://www.fileformat.info/convert/image/svg2raster.htm
              > > which uses Batik to do the conversion without having to type on
              the
              > > command line.
              > >
              > > I tried with some of my SVG files. It is pretty easy to use.
              > > However, (I don't know if this problem is specific to this
              utility
              > or
              > > within the Batik conversion software itself) if you have viewBox
              > > attributes that do implicit transforms during viewing, the output
              > may
              > > not be correct.
              > >
              > > HTH,
              > > Aashish
              > >
              > > --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "wywytse" <wywytse@y...>
              > wrote:
              > > >
              > > > I have download Batik, but how can it automated render the SVG
              > and
              > > > save it as a PNG??
              > > >
              > > > Thanks...........
              > > >

              > > > --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "tbone58x"
              <tbellmer@e...>

              SVG
              > > > content as
              > this?

              > svg
              > > > the
              > > something

              > > > (http://xml.apache.org/batik) to
              > does
              > > > capture as a
            • Jan
              Message 6 of 16 , Mar 1, 2005
                I will email to you separately. I tried to upload it to the files
                area, but even zipped it was too big. If anyone else wants to try
                it, please let me know.

                Thanks,

                Jan

                <aashishsinghvi@y...> wrote:

                > Can you share the svg file that you were trying to convert to JPEG?
                > I tried converting to PNG, JPEG and it produces something.
                >
                > May be, it is the issue with viewBox, I mentioned below.
                >
                > -Aashish
                >
                > --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "Jan" <janlmiller@c...>
                wrote:

                > > I tried this utility with my svg file and it created a blank jpeg
                > > file. Any idea why?
                > >

                > > --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "Aashish Singhvi"
                > > <aashishsinghvi@y...> wrote:
                > > >
                > > > An online utility is also available at
                > > > http://www.fileformat.info/convert/image/svg2raster.htm
                > > > which uses Batik to do the conversion without having to type on
                > the
                > > > command line.
                > > >
                > > > I tried with some of my SVG files. It is pretty easy to use.
                > > > However, (I don't know if this problem is specific to this
                > utility
                > > or
                > > > within the Batik conversion software itself) if you have
                viewBox
                > > > attributes that do implicit transforms during viewing, the
                output
                > > may
                > > > not be correct.
                > > >
                > > > HTH,
                > > > Aashish
                > > >
                > > > --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "wywytse" <wywytse@y...>

                SVG
                > > and

                > <tbellmer@e...>

                > SVG
                > > this?

                > > svg
                > capture
                > > > something

                It
                > > does
                > no
              • Jan
                Message 7 of 16 , Mar 1, 2005
                  I'm using the default viewbox, however I am doing a transform='scale
                  (0.00025)' within the svg.

                  Jan

                  <aashishsinghvi@y...> wrote:

                  > Can you share the svg file that you were trying to convert to JPEG?
                  > I tried converting to PNG, JPEG and it produces something.
                  >
                  > May be, it is the issue with viewBox, I mentioned below.
                  >
                  > -Aashish
                  >
                  > --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "Jan" <janlmiller@c...>
                  wrote:

                  > > I tried this utility with my svg file and it created a blank jpeg
                  > > file. Any idea why?
                  > >

                  > > --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "Aashish Singhvi"
                  > > <aashishsinghvi@y...> wrote:
                  > > >
                  > > > An online utility is also available at
                  > > > http://www.fileformat.info/convert/image/svg2raster.htm
                  > > > which uses Batik to do the conversion without having to type on
                  > the
                  > > > command line.
                  > > >
                  > > > I tried with some of my SVG files. It is pretty easy to use.
                  > > > However, (I don't know if this problem is specific to this
                  > utility
                  > > or
                  > > > within the Batik conversion software itself) if you have
                  viewBox
                  > > > attributes that do implicit transforms during viewing, the
                  output
                  > > may
                  > > > not be correct.
                  > > >
                  > > > HTH,
                  > > > Aashish
                  > > >
                  > > > --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "wywytse" <wywytse@y...>

                  SVG
                  > > and

                  > <tbellmer@e...>

                  > SVG
                  > > this?

                  > > svg
                  > capture
                  > > > something

                  It
                  > > does
                  > no
                • Jan
                  Message 8 of 16 , Mar 1, 2005
                    Do you know if this bug occurs with only the online version of
                    Batik? Maybe I could try to download Batik and try it.

                    Jan

                    <aashishsinghvi@y...> wrote:

                    > Can you share the svg file that you were trying to convert to JPEG?
                    > I tried converting to PNG, JPEG and it produces something.
                    >
                    > May be, it is the issue with viewBox, I mentioned below.
                    >
                    > -Aashish
                    >
                    > --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "Jan" <janlmiller@c...>
                    wrote:

                    > > I tried this utility with my svg file and it created a blank jpeg
                    > > file. Any idea why?
                    > >

                    > > --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "Aashish Singhvi"
                    > > <aashishsinghvi@y...> wrote:
                    > > >
                    > > > An online utility is also available at
                    > > > http://www.fileformat.info/convert/image/svg2raster.htm
                    > > > which uses Batik to do the conversion without having to type on
                    > the
                    > > > command line.
                    > > >
                    > > > I tried with some of my SVG files. It is pretty easy to use.
                    > > > However, (I don't know if this problem is specific to this
                    > utility
                    > > or
                    > > > within the Batik conversion software itself) if you have
                    viewBox
                    > > > attributes that do implicit transforms during viewing, the
                    output
                    > > may
                    > > > not be correct.
                    > > >
                    > > > HTH,
                    > > > Aashish
                    > > >
                    > > > --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "wywytse" <wywytse@y...>

                    SVG
                    > > and

                    > <tbellmer@e...>

                    > SVG
                    > > this?

                    > > svg
                    > capture
                    > > > something

                    It
                    > > does
                    > no
                  • Jan
                    Message 9 of 16 , Mar 1, 2005
                      I get the following error when I try to execute the java command line
                      below:

                      C:\Program Files\Batik SVG Browser\batik-1.5.1>java -jar batik-
                      rasterizer.jar -
                      m image/png anne.svg
                      Exception in thread "main" java.security.AccessControlException:
                      access denied (
                      java.util.PropertyPermission java.security.policy write)
                      at java.security.AccessControlContext.checkPermission(Unknown
                      Source)
                      at java.security.AccessController.checkPermission(Unknown
                      Source)
                      at java.lang.System.setProperty(Unknown Source)
                      at
                      org.apache.batik.util.ApplicationSecurityEnforcer.installSecurityMana
                      ger(Unknown Source)
                      at
                      org.apache.batik.util.ApplicationSecurityEnforcer.enforceSecurity(Unk
                      nown Source)
                      at org.apache.batik.apps.rasterizer.Main.execute(Unknown
                      Source)
                      at org.apache.batik.apps.rasterizer.Main.main(Unknown Source)

                      Does anyone know why?

                      Jan

                      <thomas.deweese@k...> wrote:
                      > wywytse wrote:
                      > >
                      > > I have download Batik, but how can it automated render the SVG
                      and
                      > > save it as a PNG??
                      >
                      > If you got the binary dist. Then there is a jar file
                      > called 'batik-rasterizer.jar'.
                      >
                      > The following should work assuming you are in the
                      > release directory:
                      >
                      > % java -jar batik-rasterizer.jar -m image/png samples/anne.svg
                      >
                      > You can use -help to get a list of other options (like
                      > output directory/file, etc).
                    • Thomas DeWeese
                      Message 10 of 16 , Mar 1, 2005
                        Hi Jan,

                        What version of Java are you using?
                        Is it possible you have a non-standard security policy installed?

                        Anyway you can most likely get around this by using the
                        '-scriptSecurityOff' switch (which disables the install of
                        the script security policy).

                        Message 11 of 16 , Mar 1, 2005
                          Hi Aashish,

                          Aashish Singhvi wrote:

                          > I tried with some of my SVG files. It is pretty easy to use.
                          > However, (I don't know if this problem is specific to this utility or
                          > within the Batik conversion software itself) if you have viewBox
                          > attributes that do implicit transforms during viewing, the output may
                          > not be correct.

                          Usually the problem is content without a viewBox attribute.
                          The problem is that without a viewBox it is impossible to know what
                          area of the infinate canvas should be displayed. If you have a
                          width and/or height specified it will render 0,0 w, h. If you
                          don't have them either then it randomly chooses 0,0 400,400 as
                          you have provided no useful indication of the region to render
                          (people often suggest using the BBOX and in some cases this
                          may be better, but often the bbox is not correct).

                          This of course is all easily changed if you want to write
                          a little code.
                        • Jan
                          Message 12 of 16 , Mar 2, 2005
                            <thomas.deweese@k...> wrote:
                            >Anyway you can most likely get around this by using the
                            >'-scriptSecurityOff' switch (which disables the install of
                            >the script security policy).

                            Yes, I tried this and that worked. Thanks.

                            > Usually the problem is content without a viewBox attribute.
                            > The problem is that without a viewBox it is impossible to know what
                            > area of the infinate canvas should be displayed. If you have a
                            > width and/or height specified it will render 0,0 w, h. If you
                            > don't have them either then it randomly chooses 0,0 400,400 as
                            > you have provided no useful indication of the region to render
                            > (people often suggest using the BBOX and in some cases this
                            > may be better, but often the bbox is not correct).
                            >
                            > This of course is all easily changed if you want to write
                            > a little code.

                            I'm also using width='100%' height='100%'. Guess I'll have to add a
                            viewbox to my svg then and try again. Thanks.