RE: [svg-developers] Re: ViewBox Question

  • Chris Peto
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 1, 2005

      Ok, try getBBox on the map or it's container.

      Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Regards
      Chris Peto
      Freelance System Development, Resource Solutions
      Founding Partner, Vectoreal
      -------------------------------------
      Germany
      Mobile: +49 (0) 173 308 7843
      Tel:+49(0) 6103 80 21 98
      http://www.resource-solutions.de <http://www.resource-solutions.de/>
      http://www.vectoreal.com <http://www.vectoreal.com/>
      SVG editor: http://www.resource-solutions.de/svgeditor.html
      mailto:CPeto@...
      ------------------------------------
      Member of: SPARK - SVG Programmers' Application Resource Kit
      SVG site: http://www.schemasoft.org/svg/main.svg
      HTML site: http://www.schemasoft.org/

      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 1, 2005
        re: "what viewbox values are actually used by svg
        > when you don't set the viewbox,"

        If you don't specify the viewBox attribute, it would work like
        specifying viewBox="0 0 0 0". However, width=0 and height=0 do not
        make sense. So the SVG Viewer renders with 100% of width and height
        of the svg element respectively.

        So,you could try:
        vx = 0;
        vy = 0;
        vw = parseInt(svgroot.getElementById("width"));
        vh = parseInt(svgroot.getElementById("height"));

        viewBoxArray = (vx, vy, vw, vh);

        HTH,
        Aashish

        --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "Jan" <janlmiller@c...> wrote:

        > I'm trying to incorporate my svg map app into another app that
        > already exists. The already existing app already has zoom controls
        > and a dropdown box that I would like to use and it works if I use
        the
        > default viewbox (i.e. no viewbox values set). However, if I set a
        > viewbox, the zoom controls and dropdown box no longer work
        properly.
        > I'm not sure why this is happening, but the controls that are
        already
        > written are very complex.
        >
        > I'm trying to figure out what viewbox values are actually used by
        svg
        > when you don't set the viewbox, if I can determine what these
        values
        > are, and if I can still use the split method of moving the map.
        >

        > --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Peto" <svgdev@r...>
        > wrote:
        > > Hi,
        > >
        > > I have an innerSVG and an outerSVG.
        > >
        > > See:
        > >
        > > http://www.resource-solutions.de/svg/viewbox_map
        > >
        > > Tell me if this is what you are looking for and I will send you
        the
        > > code.
        > >

        > > Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Regards
        > > Chris Peto
        > > Freelance System Development, Resource Solutions
        > > Founding Partner, Vectoreal
        > > -------------------------------------
        > > Germany
        > > Mobile: +49 (0) 173 308 7843
        > > Tel:+49(0) 6103 80 21 98
        > > http://www.resource-solutions.de <http://www.resource-
        > solutions.de/>
        > > http://www.vectoreal.com <http://www.vectoreal.com/>
        > > SVG editor: http://www.resource-solutions.de/svgeditor.html
        > > mailto:CPeto@r...
        > > ------------------------------------
        > > Member of: SPARK - SVG Programmers' Application Resource Kit
        > > SVG site: http://www.schemasoft.org/svg/main.svg
        > > HTML site: http://www.schemasoft.org/

      • Aashish Singhvi
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 1, 2005
          TYPO:
          svgroot.getElementById in my message
          should be svgroot.getAttribute

          and parseInt could be parseFloat depending on the precision of your
          co-ordinate system.

          -Aashish

          --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "Aashish Singhvi"