RE: [svg-developers] ViewBox Question

  • Chris Peto
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 1 6:58 AM

      I have an innerSVG and an outerSVG.

      See:

      http://www.resource-solutions.de/svg/viewbox_map

      Tell me if this is what you are looking for and I will send you the
      code.

      Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Regards
      Chris Peto
      Freelance System Development, Resource Solutions
      Founding Partner, Vectoreal
      -------------------------------------
      Germany
      Mobile: +49 (0) 173 308 7843
      Tel:+49(0) 6103 80 21 98
      http://www.resource-solutions.de <http://www.resource-solutions.de/>
      http://www.vectoreal.com <http://www.vectoreal.com/>
      SVG editor: http://www.resource-solutions.de/svgeditor.html
      mailto:CPeto@...
      ------------------------------------
      Member of: SPARK - SVG Programmers' Application Resource Kit
      SVG site: http://www.schemasoft.org/svg/main.svg
      HTML site: http://www.schemasoft.org/

      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 1 7:11 AM
        I'm trying to incorporate my svg map app into another app that
        already exists. The already existing app already has zoom controls
        and a dropdown box that I would like to use and it works if I use the
        default viewbox (i.e. no viewbox values set). However, if I set a
        viewbox, the zoom controls and dropdown box no longer work properly.
        I'm not sure why this is happening, but the controls that are already
        written are very complex.

        I'm trying to figure out what viewbox values are actually used by svg
        when you don't set the viewbox, if I can determine what these values
        are, and if I can still use the split method of moving the map.

        --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Peto" <svgdev@r...>

        > I have an innerSVG and an outerSVG.
        >
        > See:
        >
        > http://www.resource-solutions.de/svg/viewbox_map
        >
        > Tell me if this is what you are looking for and I will send you the
        > code.
        >

        > Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Regards
        > Chris Peto
        > Freelance System Development, Resource Solutions
        > Founding Partner, Vectoreal
        > -------------------------------------
        > Germany
        > Mobile: +49 (0) 173 308 7843
        > Tel:+49(0) 6103 80 21 98
        > http://www.resource-solutions.de <http://www.resource-
        solutions.de/>
        > http://www.vectoreal.com <http://www.vectoreal.com/>
        > SVG editor: http://www.resource-solutions.de/svgeditor.html
        > mailto:CPeto@r...
        > ------------------------------------
        > Member of: SPARK - SVG Programmers' Application Resource Kit
        > SVG site: http://www.schemasoft.org/svg/main.svg
        > HTML site: http://www.schemasoft.org/

        subject=Unsubscribe>

      • Chris Peto

          I'm trying to incorporate my svg map app into another app that
          already exists. The already existing app already has zoom controls
          and a dropdown box that I would like to use and it works if I use the
          default viewbox (i.e. no viewbox values set). However, if I set a
          viewbox, the zoom controls and dropdown box no longer work properly.
          I'm not sure why this is happening, but the controls that are already
          written are very complex.

          I'm trying to figure out what viewbox values are actually used by svg
          when you don't set the viewbox, if I can determine what these values
          are, and if I can still use the split method of moving the map.

          --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Peto" <svgdev@r...>

          > I have an innerSVG and an outerSVG.
          >
          > See:
          >
          > http://www.resource-solutions.de/svg/viewbox_map
          >
          > Tell me if this is what you are looking for and I will send you the
          > code.
          >

          > Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Regards
          > Chris Peto
          > Freelance System Development, Resource Solutions
          > Founding Partner, Vectoreal
          > -------------------------------------
          > Germany
          > Mobile: +49 (0) 173 308 7843
          > Tel:+49(0) 6103 80 21 98
          > http://www.resource-solutions.de <http://www.resource-
          solutions.de/>
          > http://www.vectoreal.com <http://www.vectoreal.com/>
          > SVG editor: http://www.resource-solutions.de/svgeditor.html
          > mailto:CPeto@r...
          > ------------------------------------
          > Member of: SPARK - SVG Programmers' Application Resource Kit
          > SVG site: http://www.schemasoft.org/svg/main.svg
          > HTML site: http://www.schemasoft.org/

          subject=Unsubscribe>

          To unsubscribe send a message to:

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129is4ts2/M=298184.6018725.7038619.3001176/
          D=groups/S=1706030389:HM/EXP=1109776304/A=2593423/R=0/SIG=11el9gslf/*htt
          p://www.netflix.com/Default?mqso=60190075> click here

          <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=298184.6018725.7038619.3001176/D=group
          s/S=:HM/A=2593423/rand=366506359>

          _____

          Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Aashish Singhvi
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 1 11:21 AM
            re: "what viewbox values are actually used by svg
            > when you don't set the viewbox,"

            If you don't specify the viewBox attribute, it would work like
            specifying viewBox="0 0 0 0". However, width=0 and height=0 do not
            make sense. So the SVG Viewer renders with 100% of width and height
            of the svg element respectively.

            So,you could try:
            vx = 0;
            vy = 0;
            vw = parseInt(svgroot.getElementById("width"));
            vh = parseInt(svgroot.getElementById("height"));

            viewBoxArray = (vx, vy, vw, vh);

            HTH,
            Aashish

            --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "Jan" <janlmiller@c...> wrote:

            > I'm trying to incorporate my svg map app into another app that
            > already exists. The already existing app already has zoom controls
            > and a dropdown box that I would like to use and it works if I use
            the
            > default viewbox (i.e. no viewbox values set). However, if I set a
            > viewbox, the zoom controls and dropdown box no longer work
            properly.
            > I'm not sure why this is happening, but the controls that are
            already
            > written are very complex.
            >
            > I'm trying to figure out what viewbox values are actually used by
            svg
            > when you don't set the viewbox, if I can determine what these
            values
            > are, and if I can still use the split method of moving the map.
            >

            > --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Peto" <svgdev@r...>
            > wrote:
            > > Hi,
            > >
            > > I have an innerSVG and an outerSVG.
            > >
            > > See:
            > >
            > > http://www.resource-solutions.de/svg/viewbox_map
            > >
            > > Tell me if this is what you are looking for and I will send you
            the
            > > code.
            > >

            > > Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Regards
            > > Chris Peto
            > > Freelance System Development, Resource Solutions
            > > Founding Partner, Vectoreal
            > > -------------------------------------
            > > Germany
            > > Mobile: +49 (0) 173 308 7843
            > > Tel:+49(0) 6103 80 21 98
            > > http://www.resource-solutions.de <http://www.resource-
            > solutions.de/>
            > > http://www.vectoreal.com <http://www.vectoreal.com/>
            > > SVG editor: http://www.resource-solutions.de/svgeditor.html
            > > mailto:CPeto@r...
            > > ------------------------------------
            > > Member of: SPARK - SVG Programmers' Application Resource Kit
            > > SVG site: http://www.schemasoft.org/svg/main.svg
            > > HTML site: http://www.schemasoft.org/

          • Aashish Singhvi
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 1 11:27 AM
              TYPO:
              svgroot.getElementById in my message
              should be svgroot.getAttribute

              and parseInt could be parseFloat depending on the precision of your
              co-ordinate system.

              -Aashish

              --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "Aashish Singhvi"