ViewBox Question

  • Jan
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 1, 2005
      If you use the default viewbox, is there a way to figure out what
      values are used?

      Also, if you use the default viewbox, it doesn't seem like you can
      split the viewbox and manipulate the map using that method. Does
      anyone know how to do this?

      Jan
    • Chris Peto
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 1, 2005

        I have an innerSVG and an outerSVG.

        See:

        http://www.resource-solutions.de/svg/viewbox_map

        Tell me if this is what you are looking for and I will send you the
        code.

        Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Regards
        Chris Peto
        Freelance System Development, Resource Solutions
        Founding Partner, Vectoreal
        -------------------------------------
        Germany
        Mobile: +49 (0) 173 308 7843
        Tel:+49(0) 6103 80 21 98
        http://www.resource-solutions.de <http://www.resource-solutions.de/>
        http://www.vectoreal.com <http://www.vectoreal.com/>
        SVG editor: http://www.resource-solutions.de/svgeditor.html
        mailto:CPeto@...
        ------------------------------------
        Member of: SPARK - SVG Programmers' Application Resource Kit
        SVG site: http://www.schemasoft.org/svg/main.svg
        HTML site: http://www.schemasoft.org/

        If you use the default viewbox, is there a way to figure out what
        values are used?

        Also, if you use the default viewbox, it doesn't seem like you can
        split the viewbox and manipulate the map using that method. Does
        anyone know how to do this?

        Jan

        -----
        To unsubscribe send a message to:

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129lbs9aj/M=298184.6018725.7038619.3001176/
        D=groups/S=1706030389:HM/EXP=1109774974/A=2593423/R=0/SIG=11el9gslf/*htt
        p://www.netflix.com/Default?mqso=60190075> click here

        <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=298184.6018725.7038619.3001176/D=group
        s/S=:HM/A=2593423/rand=843540941>

        _____

        Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Jan
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 1, 2005
          I'm trying to incorporate my svg map app into another app that
          already exists. The already existing app already has zoom controls
          and a dropdown box that I would like to use and it works if I use the
          default viewbox (i.e. no viewbox values set). However, if I set a
          viewbox, the zoom controls and dropdown box no longer work properly.
          I'm not sure why this is happening, but the controls that are already
          written are very complex.

          I'm trying to figure out what viewbox values are actually used by svg
          when you don't set the viewbox, if I can determine what these values
          are, and if I can still use the split method of moving the map.

          --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Peto" <svgdev@r...>

          > I have an innerSVG and an outerSVG.
          >
          > See:
          >
          > http://www.resource-solutions.de/svg/viewbox_map
          >
          > Tell me if this is what you are looking for and I will send you the
          > code.
          >

          > Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Regards
          > Chris Peto
          > Freelance System Development, Resource Solutions
          > Founding Partner, Vectoreal
          > -------------------------------------
          > Germany
          > Mobile: +49 (0) 173 308 7843
          > Tel:+49(0) 6103 80 21 98
          > http://www.resource-solutions.de <http://www.resource-
          solutions.de/>
          > http://www.vectoreal.com <http://www.vectoreal.com/>
          > SVG editor: http://www.resource-solutions.de/svgeditor.html
          > mailto:CPeto@r...
          > ------------------------------------
          > Member of: SPARK - SVG Programmers' Application Resource Kit
          > SVG site: http://www.schemasoft.org/svg/main.svg
          > HTML site: http://www.schemasoft.org/

          subject=Unsubscribe>

        • Chris Peto

            I'm trying to incorporate my svg map app into another app that
            already exists. The already existing app already has zoom controls
            and a dropdown box that I would like to use and it works if I use the
            default viewbox (i.e. no viewbox values set). However, if I set a
            viewbox, the zoom controls and dropdown box no longer work properly.
            I'm not sure why this is happening, but the controls that are already
            written are very complex.

            I'm trying to figure out what viewbox values are actually used by svg
            when you don't set the viewbox, if I can determine what these values
            are, and if I can still use the split method of moving the map.

            --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Peto" <svgdev@r...>

            > I have an innerSVG and an outerSVG.
            >
            > See:
            >
            > http://www.resource-solutions.de/svg/viewbox_map
            >
            > Tell me if this is what you are looking for and I will send you the
            > code.
            >

            > Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Regards
            > Chris Peto
            > Freelance System Development, Resource Solutions
            > Founding Partner, Vectoreal
            > -------------------------------------
            > Germany
            > Mobile: +49 (0) 173 308 7843
            > Tel:+49(0) 6103 80 21 98
            > http://www.resource-solutions.de <http://www.resource-
            solutions.de/>
            > http://www.vectoreal.com <http://www.vectoreal.com/>
            > SVG editor: http://www.resource-solutions.de/svgeditor.html
            > mailto:CPeto@r...
            > ------------------------------------
            > Member of: SPARK - SVG Programmers' Application Resource Kit
            > SVG site: http://www.schemasoft.org/svg/main.svg
            > HTML site: http://www.schemasoft.org/

            subject=Unsubscribe>

            To unsubscribe send a message to:

            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

            <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129is4ts2/M=298184.6018725.7038619.3001176/
            D=groups/S=1706030389:HM/EXP=1109776304/A=2593423/R=0/SIG=11el9gslf/*htt
            p://www.netflix.com/Default?mqso=60190075> click here

            <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=298184.6018725.7038619.3001176/D=group
            s/S=:HM/A=2593423/rand=366506359>

            _____

            Yahoo! Groups Links

          • Aashish Singhvi
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 1, 2005
              re: "what viewbox values are actually used by svg
              > when you don't set the viewbox,"

              If you don't specify the viewBox attribute, it would work like
              specifying viewBox="0 0 0 0". However, width=0 and height=0 do not
              make sense. So the SVG Viewer renders with 100% of width and height
              of the svg element respectively.

              So,you could try:
              vx = 0;
              vy = 0;
              vw = parseInt(svgroot.getElementById("width"));
              vh = parseInt(svgroot.getElementById("height"));

              viewBoxArray = (vx, vy, vw, vh);

              HTH,
              Aashish

              --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "Jan" <janlmiller@c...> wrote:

              > I'm trying to incorporate my svg map app into another app that
              > already exists. The already existing app already has zoom controls
              > and a dropdown box that I would like to use and it works if I use
              the
              > default viewbox (i.e. no viewbox values set). However, if I set a
              > viewbox, the zoom controls and dropdown box no longer work
              properly.
              > I'm not sure why this is happening, but the controls that are
              already
              > written are very complex.
              >
              > I'm trying to figure out what viewbox values are actually used by
              svg
              > when you don't set the viewbox, if I can determine what these
              values
              > are, and if I can still use the split method of moving the map.
              >

              > --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Peto" <svgdev@r...>
              > wrote:
              > > Hi,
              > >
              > > I have an innerSVG and an outerSVG.
              > >
              > > See:
              > >
              > > http://www.resource-solutions.de/svg/viewbox_map
              > >
              > > Tell me if this is what you are looking for and I will send you
              the
              > > code.
              > >

              > > Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Regards
              > > Chris Peto
              > > Freelance System Development, Resource Solutions
              > > Founding Partner, Vectoreal
              > > -------------------------------------
              > > Germany
              > > Mobile: +49 (0) 173 308 7843
              > > Tel:+49(0) 6103 80 21 98
              > > http://www.resource-solutions.de <http://www.resource-
              > solutions.de/>
              > > http://www.vectoreal.com <http://www.vectoreal.com/>
              > > SVG editor: http://www.resource-solutions.de/svgeditor.html
              > > mailto:CPeto@r...
              > > ------------------------------------
              > > Member of: SPARK - SVG Programmers' Application Resource Kit
              > > SVG site: http://www.schemasoft.org/svg/main.svg
              > > HTML site: http://www.schemasoft.org/

            • Aashish Singhvi
              Message 6 of 6 , Mar 1, 2005
                TYPO:
                svgroot.getElementById in my message
                should be svgroot.getAttribute

                and parseInt could be parseFloat depending on the precision of your
                co-ordinate system.

                -Aashish

                --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "Aashish Singhvi"