Re: Medical images

  • shaman_svg
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 1, 2005
      Hi Randy.

      You're definitely right. Also
      it is interesting to talk about
      3D and volume rendering.

      As to me, I do not consider too much the
      usage of SVG in medical applications yet.
      This is due to no posibility to overcome conversion
      in memory 2D-raster data to a MIME-text. I mean, what
      if we have image in SVG and would like to apply
      custom filter (not one from SVG), color levelling by
      mouse or do some other raster manipulation (always
      quite fast on almost any client), but in SVG
      we need to convert every time the data to MIME-text
      and besides extra data copiing.
      In any case it is quite CPU-expensive even
      at reasonable resolution. That leads to quite
      annoying slow reaction, i.e. lack of interactivity.

      The possible overcome could be a custom
      rendering extensions...

      Thank you very much.

      Shaman.