Re: how to create another file using svg

  • jctheriot
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 1, 2005
      --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "wywytse" <wywytse@y...> wrote:

      > Is there any method that I can use the svg script to create another
      > file, such as txt file.
      >
      > For example, when I click the mouse, it can create a text file to
      > store the x and y coordinate.
      >
      > Many thanks.

      Here's a method I used to implement a digitizer -

      1. Use ASV6
      2. Put this prologue at the top of your SVG file:
      <?AdobeSVGViewer save="snapshot" ?>
      3. Use JavaScript to create elements, add them to the DOM, and
      populate them with coordinates or whatever
      4. Right-click and 'Save As'
      5. Filter the saved file, keeping what you added to the DOM.

      Good luck!
      Jim