Re: Anyone knows about "scale(0)"???

  • Jim Ley
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 1, 2005
      "vernarim" <vernarim@...> wrote in message
      news:ctn21m+8ajn@......
      > I've discovered a bug(?) or something like that in ASV3.
      > If you write:
      > <g transform="scale(0)">
      > ...bla...bla...bla...
      > </g>
      >
      > then you'll get the content without no scaling (i.e. original size).

      Scaled to the original size is - scale(1)

      Jim.
    • Mario Vernari
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 1, 2005
        Hi Jim, happy to hear from you...
        Maybe I didn't explain well...if you type "scale(0)" you DON'T obtain a
        zero-scaled image, but the image at its original size...exactly as you were
        typed "scale(1)"...
        As "image" I mean anything inside the container "g" being scaled...
        I was expecting that the X- and Y-size would be multiplied by zero, so that
        the image will be totally invisible.
        That's not...

        Another strange behavior of ASV3...(yersteday)...
        If you type:
        <g transform="scale(1e-6)">
        <animateTransform ... value="0; 1" ... />
        </g>
        everything will be scaled ok (almost invisible).
        Once you start the ani, then (correctly) the size is being shown at its
        original definition...everything is going ok!

        But...imagine that the object is now at the original size...if you try to scan
        the fragment hierarchy via DOM, the CTM returns 1E-6 as scaling factor!
        Bah!

        Any comment?
        Mario

        On Tuesday 01 February 2005 09:27, Jim Ley wrote:
        > "vernarim" <vernarim@...> wrote in message
        >
        > > I've discovered a bug(?) or something like that in ASV3.
        > > If you write:
        > > <g transform="scale(0)">
        > >  ...bla...bla...bla...
        > > </g>
        > >
        > > then you'll get the content without no scaling (i.e. original size).
        >
        > Scaled to the original size is -  scale(1)
        >
        > Jim.

        > membership" ----
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Jim Ley
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 2, 2005
          "Mario Vernari" <vernarim@...> wrote in message
          >Maybe I didn't explain well...if you type "scale(0)" you DON'T obtain a
          >zero-scaled image, but the image at its original size...exactly as you were
          >typed "scale(1)"...
          >As "image" I mean anything inside the container "g" being scaled...
          >I was expecting that the X- and Y-size would be multiplied by zero, so that
          >the image will be totally invisible.
          >That's not...

          Ah, sorry, I misread in my quick reading of your question before. I believe
          you have a bug in ASV, I agree it should have 0 size.

          As a workaround could you try using the transform="matrix(0 0 0 0 0 0)" and
          animate that to 1 0 0 0 1 0) ?

          I'm not sure what else to suggest, it pretty much seems like a bug unless
          someone else has an explanation?

          Jim.