Re: [svg-developers] getElementById response with same id's embedded

  • Jeff Rafter
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 31, 2005
      > Other than making sure, I have unique id for the deepest nested
      > object, is there a way to access only the contained particular child
      > elements from a target object.

      Apart from what the others have said it should be noted that unless you
      have a DTD (i.e., a DOCTYPE) then you do not have any ids. All id
      attirubtes are just CDATA and technically getElementByID should not
      return anything. Whatever tool you are using is working around that by
      considering any "id" attribute to be of type ID. This is pretty common,
      but you should be aware of it in case you get to other XML tools.

      Cheers,
      Jeff Rafter