Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.
 

Mozilla: Linux X Windows ... transform="scale() rotate()" ?

Expand Messages
  • Felipe Sofia Zanuzzo
    Hi, I m having troubles on application of the transform property with rotate and scale especially. It s observed different behaviors between operating
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 29, 2004
      Hi,


      I'm having troubles on application of the "transform" property with
      "rotate" and "scale" especially.
      It's observed different behaviors between operating systems (Linux
      Fedora Core 2 and Windows 2000) in web browsers, especifically
      Mozilla, based on the following URL: http://www.svgbr.com.br/rdv.svg .
      It's working all right on Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US;
      rv:1.6) Gecko/20040510 web browser in Linux, but not on Mozilla in
      Windows 2000.
      "Scale" doesn't work well on fractional units, e.g. 1.75.


      Thankfully,
      Carlos and Felipe
    • Jonathan Watt
      Hi, That document won t even load in Mozilla. You need to add ... Can you give some more information about what you expect to see, and how the version of
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 30, 2004
        Hi,

        That document won't even load in Mozilla. You need to add
        |xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink"| to the opening <svg> tag.
        Can you give some more information about what you expect to see, and
        how the version of Mozilla you are using on Windows fails to meet your
        expectations. Also what is the version number of that build? What do
        you mean by '"Scale" doesn't work well on fractional units'?

        Regards,
        Jonathan


        On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 14:28:11 -0200, Felipe Sofia Zanuzzo
        <fzanuzzo@...> wrote:
        >
        > Hi,
        >
        > I'm having troubles on application of the "transform" property with
        > "rotate" and "scale" especially.
        > It's observed different behaviors between operating systems (Linux
        > Fedora Core 2 and Windows 2000) in web browsers, especifically
        > Mozilla, based on the following URL: http://www.svgbr.com.br/rdv.svg .
        > It's working all right on Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US;
        > rv:1.6) Gecko/20040510 web browser in Linux, but not on Mozilla in
        > Windows 2000.
        > "Scale" doesn't work well on fractional units, e.g. 1.75.
        >
        > Thankfully,
        > Carlos and Felipe
        >
        >
        > -----
        > To unsubscribe send a message to: svg-developers-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
        > -or-
        > visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/svg-developers and click "edit my membership"
        > ----
        > Yahoo! Groups Links
        >
        >
        >
        >
        >
      • Holger Will
        Hi Carlos and Felipe I dont think there is a problem with mozilla. i guess you expected somthing like this: http://www.treebuilder.de/svg/rdv.svg it did not
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 31, 2004
          Hi Carlos and Felipe
          I dont think there is a problem with mozilla.
          i guess you expected somthing like this:
          http://www.treebuilder.de/svg/rdv.svg
          it did not work the way you expected, since a scale-transformation also
          translates, and so your center of rotation is not the same.
          for example:
          <g transform="rotate(45 50 50)">
          <rect x="10" y="25" width="80" height="50"/>
          </g>
          this rect will be rotated around 50,50 which happens to be the center of
          the rect.(10+80/2,25+50/2)
          now suppose you add a scale transformation to the rect
          <g transform="rotate(45 50 50)">
          <rect x="10" y="25" width="80" height="50" transform="scale(1.5)"/>
          </g>
          now the rect will still rotate around 50,50 but its not the rects center
          anymore.
          the center after of the rect after the transformation is (
          10*1.5+80*1.5/2 , 25*1.5+50*1.5/2 ) or (50*1.5,50*1.5) = (75,75)
          hope it helps

          holger

          p.s.: Jonathan, a big thanks to you and all the guys behind mozilla, you
          do a really greate job : )



          Jonathan Watt wrote:

          > Hi,
          >
          > That document won't even load in Mozilla. You need to add
          > |xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink"| to the opening <svg> tag.
          > Can you give some more information about what you expect to see, and
          > how the version of Mozilla you are using on Windows fails to meet your
          > expectations. Also what is the version number of that build? What do
          > you mean by '"Scale" doesn't work well on fractional units'?
          >
          > Regards,
          > Jonathan
          >
          >
          > On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 14:28:11 -0200, Felipe Sofia Zanuzzo
          > <fzanuzzo@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > Hi,
          > >
          > > I'm having troubles on application of the "transform" property with
          > > "rotate" and "scale" especially.
          > > It's observed different behaviors between operating systems (Linux
          > > Fedora Core 2 and Windows 2000) in web browsers, especifically
          > > Mozilla, based on the following URL: http://www.svgbr.com.br/rdv.svg .
          > > It's working all right on Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US;
          > > rv:1.6) Gecko/20040510 web browser in Linux, but not on Mozilla in
          > > Windows 2000.
          > > "Scale" doesn't work well on fractional units, e.g. 1.75.
          > >
          > > Thankfully,
          > > Carlos and Felipe
          > >
          > >
          > > -----
          > > To unsubscribe send a message to:
          > svg-developers-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
          > > -or-
          > > visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/svg-developers and click "edit
          > my membership"
          > > ----
          > > Yahoo! Groups Links
          > >
          > >
          > >
          > >
          > >
          >
        • Jonathan Watt
          ... Thanks. :-) Most of the work has been done by Alex over the last few years, and more recently by Tim and by Scooter.
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 8, 2005
            On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 13:11:49 +0100, Holger Will <holger@...> wrote:
            >

            > p.s.: Jonathan, a big thanks to you and all the guys behind mozilla, you
            > do a really greate job : )

            Thanks. :-) Most of the work has been done by Alex over the last few
            years, and more recently by Tim and by Scooter.
          Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.