SVG raster export

  • simon.bradley@adaptive.com
    Message 1 of 6 , May 31, 2001

      is there a way to export an SVG image as a raster image (bmp, jpg,
      etc..) other than writing an applet using Batik, COM (or whatever)?
      We generate a lot of SVG diagrams dynamically and would like to
      incorporate the results in Powerpoint presentations, Word diagrams. I
      appreciate I could use PrtSc, but this means I have to manipulate the
      image before I save it to remove app bars, etc..

      T.I.A.

      Simon,
    • Max Dunn
      Message 2 of 6 , May 31, 2001
        You can simply right-click on the Adobe Viewer, choose "Copy SVG" and paste
        into Powerpoint. That will paste the image. Pasting into Word will paste
        the text, but you can also paste into a different intermediate graphics
        program such as Photoshop or PaintShop pro.

        Max
        http://www.siliconpublishing.org/svgfaq/

        Message 3 of 6 , May 31, 2001
          href="mailto:maxdunn@...">mailto:maxdunn@...]

          Sent: Thursday, May 31, 2001 9:18 AM
          svg-developers@yahoogroups.com
          > Subject: RE: [svg-developers] SVG raster
          export

          > You can simply right-click on the Adobe Viewer,
          choose "Copy SVG"
          > and paste
          > into Powerpoint.

          True for Windows.

          >  That will paste the image.  Pasting into Word
          will paste  the text, but you can also

          True, we assume if you paste into a text processor, you want to edit the SVG, but you can drag and drop (or import) an SVG into Word or any other ActiveX Container.

          >  paste into a different intermediate graphics

          program such as Photoshop or PaintShop pro.

          You can use the "Copy SVG" item from the contextual menu in Adobe SVG Viewer and "paste" into Photoshop. We assume if you are "pasting" into a raster tool, you want to edit the SVG as a raster.

          Michael Bierman
          Senior Product Manager, SVG (Scalable Vector Graphics)

          mbierman@... http://www.adobe.com/svg

          Adobe Systems -

          everywhere you lookTM
          345 Park Avenue
          San Jose, California 95110

          Message 4 of 6 , May 31, 2001
            --- In svg-developers@y..., "Max Dunn" <maxdunn@s...> wrote:
            > You can simply right-click on the Adobe Viewer, choose "Copy SVG"
            and paste
            > into Powerpoint. That will paste the image. Pasting into Word
            will paste
            > the text, but you can also paste into a different intermediate
            graphics
            > program such as Photoshop or PaintShop pro.
            >
            > Max
            > http://www.siliconpublishing.org/svgfaq/

            I think you can also do "paste special" or something
            like that directly in Word.

            Peter

            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 1, 2001
              "Copy SVG" seems only to capture the visible extent of the diagram -
              is there any way to capture the entire image (short of zooming out to
              the full extent)?

              Simon.

              Message 6 of 6 , Jun 1, 2001

                See the Help file:

                Copying: The Copy SVG and Save SVG as commands let you copy the SVG image to the clipboard and save the image to a local file. The copy command places the SVG as it currently appears onto the clipboard in both Unicode and raster formats. Note that this differs from the Save SVG as command, which makes a copy of the original SVG file. When text is selected, the copy command changes to Copy Selected Text.

                Sent: Friday, June 01, 2001 12:31 AM
                > To:
                svg-developers@yahoogroups.com
                > Subject: [svg-developers] Re: SVG raster