sending variables from SVG+JS to PHP+JS

  • Hauke ChristopH
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 1, 2004
      hi there,

      i am creating new objects by manipulating the SVG-DOM with
      javascript/ECMA.

      my problem is to send the newly generated coordinates of a polygon to
      the PHP/HTML/mother-document in which the SVG is embeded.

      it is not possible to send the variables attached to the URL, because
      it is too much data!

      using a hidden form-element should be the right choice - i guess.
      and actually - this is already working fine using the
      internet-explorer. but it is only(!) the IE who does it!!! :-(

      any ideas how i get firefox/mozilla to comunicate between the scripts
      of SVG- and PHP/HTML-document???

      your help will be appreciated!
      thanks - hauke
    • pilatfr
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 1, 2004
        --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "Hauke ChristopH"
        <christoph@i...> wrote:

        Why not use postURL ?

        Michel

        > hi there,
        >
        > i am creating new objects by manipulating the SVG-DOM with
        > javascript/ECMA.
        >
        > my problem is to send the newly generated coordinates of a polygon
        > the PHP/HTML/mother-document in which the SVG is embeded.
        >
        > it is not possible to send the variables attached to the URL,
        because
        > it is too much data!
        >
        > using a hidden form-element should be the right choice - i guess.
        > and actually - this is already working fine using the
        > internet-explorer. but it is only(!) the IE who does it!!! :-(
        >
        > any ideas how i get firefox/mozilla to comunicate between the
        scripts
        > of SVG- and PHP/HTML-document???
        >
        > your help will be appreciated!
        > thanks - hauke
      • Hauke ChristopH
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 1, 2004
          --- "Michel" wrote:
          > Why not use postURL ?
          >
          > --- "Hauke" wrote:
          > > it is not possible to send the variables attached to the URL,
          > > because it is too much data!

          as i said...

          thanks for trying to help
          cheers - Hauke
        • Barend Köbben
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 1, 2004
            Check the web and other docs about PostURL, because it works differently than you are apparently thinking...!
            (it's not the same as http Response. QueryString object or about attaching data to the URL as in GET type html forms)

            Barend Köbben
            International Institute for Geo-information Sciences and Earth Observation (ITC)
            PO Box 6, 7500AA Enschede (The Netherlands)
            ph: +31 (0)53 4874253; fax: +31 (0)53 4874335