XHTML to SVG stylesheet?

  • Alastair Fettes
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 29, 2004
      Does anyone know of an XSLT based XHTML to SVG stylesheet? I'm
      trying to convert from XHTML to SVG and I'm not sure if I should jump
      in and write my own.

      Thanks in advance,
      Alastair
    • Vernari-Corami
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 29, 2004
        Hello Alastair...
        it's just what I've started to develop...I don't know if it's already on the market, but I'd like to try to build...
        Do you want to cooperate?
        Cheers
        Mario

        Does anyone know of an XSLT based XHTML to SVG stylesheet? I'm
        trying to convert from XHTML to SVG and I'm not sure if I should jump
        in and write my own.

        Thanks in advance,
        Alastair

        visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/svg-developers and click "edit my membership"
        ----

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      • Alastair Fettes
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 29, 2004
          Hi Mario,

          Sure, I'd be very willing to co-operate. I've done some very basic
          stuff so far. My word wrap isn't perfect but it's the best I've got
          thus far. I haven't implemented links or css or anything like that
          so there's a bunch of work to do. Gimme a shout and let me know what
          you think.

          http://www.engr.uvic.ca/~afettes/xhtml2svg/xhtml2svg.zip

          Cheers,
          Alastair

          --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "Vernari-Corami"
          <vernarim@l...> wrote:
          > Hello Alastair...
          > it's just what I've started to develop...I don't know if it's
          already on the market, but I'd like to try to build...
          > Do you want to cooperate?
          > Cheers
          > Mario

          Service.

        • Vernari-Corami
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 30, 2004
            Hi Alastair...
            first of all here is my personal email 'cos I think it's best to be in touch off-list...
            vernarim@...
            or
            vernarim@...
            whichever you want...

            I checked your work and it's amazing: excellent starting point...I've just thrown the basis and nothing more...but best is to tell the targets...
            - my deal is to create this "converter", 'cos I'd like to transform a typical XHTML page into a "live-book"...just as my photoalbum demo (that I'm currently refinishing)....
            - the book idea isn't for beautiness, but 'cos svg has not (still) the ability to manage a long or more pages...
            - my deal also is to embed tables and images...ideally reproduce as best as possible the original page...
            - I do it in the freetime (few), for myself, to learn, to improve, but also to help who's needing...you're a researcher (I suppose) so you'll mean...I have another job which is very few related to svg...I like this field...I like to exchange chats and discussions in the forum...I like also this kind of "job"...all that to say I really cannot work at full-time for that...if you're in a hurry, probably I'm not the right person...

            What a boring message!...
            Hmmm...You don't know how much I'd pay to be there in Vancouver area!...my honeymoon city!...

            Ok, during the weekend I'll manage something with your code...please, tell me anything you guess would be useful...anytime...
            Thanks

            <vernarim@l...> wrote:
            > Hello Alastair...
            > it's just what I've started to develop...I don't know if it's
            already on the market, but I'd like to try to build...
            > Do you want to cooperate?
            > Cheers
            > Mario

            Service.