RE: [svg-developers] Re: Reposted: differences between ASV3 and ASV6

  • Doug Schepers
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 1, 2004
      Hi, Peter-

      Hmmmm.... I'm not sure if you're asking a question, or just commenting, but
      I will note the common solution to this problem, just in case.

      For some reason, "parent" is not supported in ASV6pr1 (but will almost
      certainly be back in ASV6 Final). In the meantime, many people have had
      success substituting "top" for "parent"... It may do the trick, if you
      aren't using frames.

      Regards-
      -Doug

      Peter Clary wrote:

      | Not complaining, just for the record. I've got the ASV6 beta,
      | and the javascript in my SVG can't access the HTML document
      | that contains it.
      | Previously (ASV3), the parent property worked fine, but now
      | it is null. No other changes, apart from the ASV version.

      ---