Re: [svg-developers] Re: SVG in Flex: an executive summary

  • Robin Berjon
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 1, 2004
      Rick Bullotta wrote:
      > For that matter, I'd love to see the Trait Access stuff in SVG-T DOM
      > in all of the SVG profiles...

      It's a design principle that everything that's in a smaller profile is
      in a higher one. So what's in Tiny is in Full (there's no Basic left
      anymore). Wish granted! ;)

      --
      Robin Berjon
    • Rick Bullotta
      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 1, 2004
        Schweet! I really like the typed access...and the fact that it hides the
        issue of whether the trait was set via CSS, attribute or other...very cool.

        > For that matter, I'd love to see the Trait Access stuff in SVG-T DOM
        > in all of the SVG profiles...

        It's a design principle that everything that's in a smaller profile is
        in a higher one. So what's in Tiny is in Full (there's no Basic left
        anymore). Wish granted! ;)

        --
        Robin Berjon
      • pavan kumar
        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 1, 2004
          Hi,

          I would like to generate svg charts from XML Data.
          Since there are 2 approaches
          1: Client Side using Script
          2: Server Side using XSLT..

          Which is the better approach?? ... Please let me know
          if there is any alternative other than these two...

          Thanking you,

          S.Pavan Kumar

          http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
        • Rick Bullotta
          Message 4 of 10 , Jul 1, 2004
            There are, of course, many other server-side options than XSLT. You could
            write servlets, web services, ASP/ASP.NET/JSP, Perl scripts, etc...

            I think you'll find it more robust to do in "code" rather than XSLT...

            I would like to generate svg charts from XML Data.
            Since there are 2 approaches
            1: Client Side using Script
            2: Server Side using XSLT..

            Which is the better approach?? ... Please let me know
            if there is any alternative other than these two...

            Thanking you,

            S.Pavan Kumar

            Yahoo! Groups Links
          • scotthughesameritech
            Message 5 of 10 , Jul 27, 2004
              It's a matter of what makes the most sence for a given application.
              We chose to write XSLT to spit out our OrgChart in SVG. We use
              JFreeChart ( http://www.jfree.org/jfreechart/ ) for other charting
              purposes.

              And befor you ask The OrgChart XSLT isn't available. Yet. I'm
              working with my company on releasing it to the public.

              Scott

              --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "Rick Bullotta"