JS/php Error upon Reloading

  • Sean Montague
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 1, 2004
      I've got an SVG embedded in html doc, I've figured out my previous question, with a click event:

      function click(objID) {
      theSVG = parent.document.embeds[0];
      theSVGID = ("svg.php?pID="+objID);
      theMap.setSrc(theSVGID);
      alert("Yes");
      }

      The error message says that I have an error at the line with the alert message, never displays the message, but precedes to refresh the page properly. It seems that since I reference the JS within the SVG, refresh it, the function doesn't get a chance to finish, and returns an error. Any insight would be appreciated. If I remove the alert message, the error returns the line with the closing bracket.

      Sean
    • Martin Honnen
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 1, 2004
        --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "Sean Montague"
        <smontague@o...> wrote:
        > I've got an SVG embedded in html doc, I've figured out my previous
        question, with a click event:

        > function click(objID) {
        > theSVG = parent.document.embeds[0];
        > theSVGID = ("svg.php?pID="+objID);
        > theMap.setSrc(theSVGID);
        > alert("Yes");
        > }

        That seems a bit convoluted to first go to the HTML document and its
        embed, I think all you need with Adobe SVG viewer 3.0 or 6 (which I
        have tested here with) is
        window.setSrc("svg.php?pID="+objID);