Access Variables outside the SVG DOM

  • ndglover2004
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 1 8:03 AM

      I have a HTML file with an Embedded SVG document. I have created
      some hidden input fields in my HTML document, I need a way to access
      this variables from within the SVG DOM, is this possible?

      Ideally I want to use something like getElementById("hiddenValue"),
      where hidden value is the name of the input field.

      Thanks
    • Martin Honnen
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 1 8:52 AM
        --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "ndglover2004" <ndglover@u...>
        wrote:

        > I have a HTML file with an Embedded SVG document. I have created
        > some hidden input fields in my HTML document, I need a way to access
        > this variables from within the SVG DOM, is this possible?

        That depends on the browser and the SVG viewer/plugin used. See
        http://www.protocol7.com/svg-wiki/index.php/InterDocumentCommunication
        http://www.protocol7.com/svg-wiki/index.php/CrossBrowserScripting