Re: Reposted: differences between ASV3 and ASV6

  • Peter Clary
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 1, 2004
      Not complaining, just for the record. I've got the ASV6 beta, and the
      javascript in my SVG can't access the HTML document that contains it.
      Previously (ASV3), the parent property worked fine, but now it is
      null. No other changes, apart from the ASV version.
    • Doug Schepers
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 1, 2004
        Hi, Peter-

        Hmmmm.... I'm not sure if you're asking a question, or just commenting, but
        I will note the common solution to this problem, just in case.

        For some reason, "parent" is not supported in ASV6pr1 (but will almost
        certainly be back in ASV6 Final). In the meantime, many people have had
        success substituting "top" for "parent"... It may do the trick, if you
        aren't using frames.

        Regards-
        -Doug

        Peter Clary wrote:

        | Not complaining, just for the record. I've got the ASV6 beta,
        | and the javascript in my SVG can't access the HTML document
        | that contains it.
        | Previously (ASV3), the parent property worked fine, but now
        | it is null. No other changes, apart from the ASV version.

        ---