Re: [svg-developers] SVG Tiny et Flash Lite 1.1

  • Robin Berjon
    Message 1 of 16 , Jul 1, 2004
      jdowdell@... wrote:
      > (Another listmember subsequently wrote something about trollery, and for
      > anyone interested in following up on that startling comment, you're welcome
      > to check the actual archives here:

      Yet another of your sad, sad little speech tricks JD. You know no one's
      going to go to the archives. It's a pity, a thorough scan might tell us
      which bridge you live under.

      --
      Robin Berjon
    • Bob Hunter
      Message 2 of 16 , Jul 1, 2004
        That fixed part of the problem. The first time I animate the node, the
        animation works fine.

        In my application, the node can be moved to several different locations,
        depending upon what the user selects. I'm using the animateTransform to
        move it slowly to each point the user selects.

        But, the animation only works the first time. The next time I add an
        animateTransform for the same object, it moves the object to the new
        coordinates, but without the motion (it jumps the object directly to the new
        coordinates).

        I made sure I removed the old animation before adding a new one for the same
        node. When that didn't help, I also used a setAttributeNS to back-up the
        animateTransform fill="freeze".

        So, the animateTransform moves the object, but without the motion.

        Anyone have an idea on how to get this to work right?

        Thanks,

        Bob

        Message 3 of 16 , Jul 1, 2004
          --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "Bob Hunter" <bhunter@c...>
          wrote:

          As you use begin="0", timeline is going ...
          Perhaps you can add
          svgDoc.setCurrentTime(0) when you create new animation

          Michel

        • Bob Hunter
          Message 4 of 16 , Jul 1, 2004
            That fixed the problem.

            Thanks

            As you use begin="0", timeline is going ...
            Perhaps you can add
            svgDoc.setCurrentTime(0) when you create new animation

            Michel

            > That fixed part of the problem. The first time I animate the
            node, the
            > animation works fine.
            >
            > In my application, the node can be moved to several different
            locations,
            > depending upon what the user selects. I'm using the
            animateTransform to
            > move it slowly to each point the user selects.
            >
            > But, the animation only works the first time. The next time I add
            an
            > animateTransform for the same object, it moves the object to the
            new
            > coordinates, but without the motion (it jumps the object directly
            to the new
            > coordinates).
            >
            > I made sure I removed the old animation before adding a new one
            for the same
            > node. When that didn't help, I also used a setAttributeNS to back-
            up the
            > animateTransform fill="freeze".
            >
            > So, the animateTransform moves the object, but without the motion.
            >
            > Anyone have an idea on how to get this to work right?
            >
            > Thanks,
            >
            > Bob

            Yahoo! Groups Links