swapping embeded SVG files

  • cameronstephenson
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 1 10:01 AM
      Hi,

      I've looked everywhere for an example of how to do this, but as a
      newbie, I can't find what I'm looking for...

      I have an HTML page with an embed SVG image and I want to swap the
      image (file) while leaving the html alone.

      The code snippet is:
      <EMBED name="SVG_Image" SRC="file.svg" type="svg+xml"/>

      What I want is the SRC to update for a new svg file. How do I do
      this?

      Thanks,

      Cameron
    • Peter Kalev
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 1 10:09 AM
        Try:

        document.[reference to your embed].setSrc('newFile.svg')

        Peter Kalev
        Senior Developer,
        SWF, LLC

        I've looked everywhere for an example of how to do this, but as a
        newbie, I can't find what I'm looking for...

        I have an HTML page with an embed SVG image and I want to swap the
        image (file) while leaving the html alone.

        The code snippet is:
        <EMBED name="SVG_Image" SRC="file.svg" type="svg+xml"/>

        What I want is the SRC to update for a new svg file. How do I do
        this?

        Thanks,

        Cameron

        -----