dom2 event capturing ???

  • Jean-David Benamou
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 1, 2004
      Hi, I have been trying without success dom2 eventcapturing with ASV3 on
      IE6 in order to disable completely the mouse events :

      doc.addEventListener("mousedown",alerte,true) ;

      function alerte(e) {
      alerte('Not possible') ;
      e.stopPropagation() ;
      }

      Anyone who could help me ??
      Thanks
      JD
    • Hernandez
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 1, 2004
        The recursive call to alerte() is normal ?

        Hi, I have been trying without success dom2 eventcapturing with ASV3 on
        IE6 in order to disable completely the mouse events :

        doc.addEventListener("mousedown",alerte,true) ;

        function alerte(e) {
        alerte('Not possible') ;
        e.stopPropagation() ;
        }

        Anyone who could help me ??
        Thanks
        JD

        -----
        To unsubscribe send a message to:

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        <http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=129hr5nk0/M=295196.4901138.6071305.3001176/D=gr
        oups/S=1706030389:HM/EXP=1086163978/A=2128215/R=0/SIG=10se96mf6/*http://
        companion.yahoo.com> click here

        s/S=:HM/A=2128215/rand=476359650>

        _____

        Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Jean-David Benamou
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 1, 2004
          no sorry, this i just a typo alerte calls the window.alert function
          It is not the problem
          Any clue ??
          Thanks
          JD

          Hernandez wrote:

          >The recursive call to alerte() is normal ?

        • lestat_24
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 1, 2004

            I'm not sure about the meaning of your question

            To disable a mouse event you can use:
            myNode.removeEventListener("mouseover", myDoOnMouseFunction, false);
            this will do the contrary of:
            myNode.addEventListener("mouseover", myDoOnMouseFunction, false);

            But if you simply want to ignore all mouse events on a svg element, you
            should add the attribute pointer-event="none" to this element.

            Regards
            Christophe

            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 1, 2004
              lestat_24 wrote:

              >Hi,
              >
              >I'm not sure about the meaning of your question
              >
              >To disable a mouse event you can use:
              >myNode.removeEventListener("mouseover", myDoOnMouseFunction, false);
              >this will do the contrary of:
              >myNode.addEventListener("mouseover", myDoOnMouseFunction, false);

              Actually I want to add an eventlistener to my top element (the svg
              document)
              that will capture all mouse event (according to dom2 spec. the last
              argument should be true I think),
              issue and alert statement and exit
              shuting off the "bubbling down" so to say , I am not sure that this is
              supported by ie6 ...

              >But if you simply want to ignore all mouse events on a svg element, you
              >should add the attribute pointer-event="none" to this element.

              This is a possible solution but not as nice as event capturing I reckon

              JD