Shocked by differences between ASV3 and ASV6

  • vernarim
    Message 1 of 1 , May 29, 2004
      Hi people...
      I was quiet enough about the compatibility of ASV6 and ASV3, but I've
      found a lot of "strange" behaviors...
      Would anyone tell me whether it's me or it's the viewer?

      Here is an example of SVG picked up from a server (win2k)
      via "getURL" and "parseXML"...

      <g xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg"
      mv:path="HOME__1" mv:op="/"><text font-size="24" filter="url
      (#aliasPencil)" transform="translate(300,-10)"><textPath

      Well...keep in mind that by using ASV3 everything works fine.
      By using ASV6 instead...

      1) parseXML doesn't like the <? ... ?> ... I must cut server-side, by
      sending the "documentElement"...ok, let's accept...
      The parseXML function behaves like a non-valid XML: so the fragment
      is empty at all

      2) Finally, parseXML doesn't like the "filter='url(#aliasPencil)'"
      attribute...by cutting it the flow seems ok
      Leaving the "filter", note that the script seems "hanging" (cpu 0%)
      just after the fragment is attached to the main body: nothing is
      If I add "a" tags in the fragment above, then the script hangs,
      nothing is rendered but moving the cursor over the "a" area (I know
      where is it) it will shaped as an hand...

      I tried to watch at the SVG1.2 but I didn't find anything about that
      strange things...
      Any idea?
      Thanks a lot in advance