Re: [svg-developers] Answer to Dean Jackson about SVG wishes

  • Vernari-Corami
    Message 1 of 5 , May 27, 2004
      From: "Doug Schepers" <doug@...>
      To: <svg-developers@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Thursday, May 27, 2004 9:00 AM
      Subject: RE: [svg-developers] Answer to Dean Jackson about SVG wishes

      > Hi, Mario-
      >
      > Vernari-Corami wrote:
      > |
      > | Doug, I agree with these axioms,
      >
      > I think I used the word "axiom" poorly. What I meant to say was
      > presuppositions, preconditions, or project requirements. Not every use of
      > SVG falls under the points I outlined. Heck, some people even want to use
      > SVG just to show *pictures* (crazy, I know ;)...

      I agree 100%....but even an user want to show a simple JPG is an user using
      SVG !....
      "A coin saved is a coin gained"

      > | Probably the engineers and the architects decide to put in the box:
      > | - 1000 bricks
      > | - 4 cans of tint (white, red, blue, green)
      > | - glue
      > | etc.
      > | Ok, now you know I'm not able to build a home...but don't you
      > | think it would be better?
      >
      > Yes, I agree, and that's why I think some things should be included as
      basic
      > features of SVG (such as File Access), so that people can use them if they
      > are needed.

      I also agree 100%, so (I still don't know the exact contents of 1.2) just
      put a basic "FSO-style" instead an hard-dialogue control....

      > | Yeah, SVG would be primairly for browsers and related, but
      > | why not give SVG as a graphic tech for the OS?
      > | So I place my question:
      > | - why SVG cannot be a kind of "graphic driver" called from
      > | any side...as API, as ActiveX, as plug-in, as whatever you want?
      >
      > Do you know about KSVG? It's an project aiming to use SVG as the GUI
      > frontend for Linux.

      Oh my God,...no I don't know and it happens that I really really must find a
      solution to embed graphics in a small PC (PDA-like).
      I'd like to use Linux as OS, but I was afraid about ASV...
      Your info sounds like an "angel"....thanks a lot!

      > | Best regards to you and the entire WG
      > | Mario
      >
      > Just to be clear, I'm not a member of the SVG WG, I'm just opinionated.

      No matter...
      Anyone is important!
      Ciao
      Mario