Images reload

  • BlueScreen
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 29, 2004

      I have poblems about reloading images in a svg file.
      I am using a svg file to show webcams, so I want to reload some distant images
      (webcams).

      I try differents solutions:

      -to change by a javascit the xlink of the image
      -to reload the document ( reload() )
      -to reload the whole file ( location.reload() )

      But it dont work, svg seems to use a sort of special cache...

      The only solution I found is to specify another filename with a querystring with a script
      like:

      var now = new Date();
      chn = 'img'+imgAct+'.setAttribute( "xlink:href",
      "'+urlImages[imgAct]+'?'+now.getTime()+'" )';
      eval(chn);

      so, the bowser think its another image and the reload works.

      ...but the problem is that with this method, every images reloaded are stored i the
      cache:
      I need to reload something that 20 images every 20 seconds, so after a some time it
      use a lot of hard disk space...

      Is someone, have the same poblem and found another solution?

      a++

      BlueScreen
      http://www.b-l-u-e-s-c-r-e-e-n.net
      http://www.b-l-u-e-s-c-r-e-e-n.com