Re: [svg-developers] FINDING SHORTEST ROUTE IN A SVG MAP

  • Jose Moran
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 13, 2004
      I think whatever is your UI ( not only SVG) is better to work "shortest
      path" on database level, make all code possible for run over your database..
      and only the result must be showed over UI(user interface) side.

      so, you need to outperform 3 steps:
      1.- Make a structure of the data as better as possible to help your code
      faster.( DataBase side )
      2.- Make code for run over database( DataBase side )
      3.- Make User Interface side code to show results.( Client side )

      some links could help you:
      http://ciips.ee.uwa.edu.au/~morris/Year2/PLDS210/dijkstra.html
      http://www-unix.mcs.anl.gov/dbpp/text/node35.html

      regards