Svg->Svg on the fly, transcoder problem

  • Jaroslaw Michalowski
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 2 8:49 PM
      Hello

      I have a svg file on the server. After request form the client, svg file is modified (sax parser) a bit on the fly and send to the client browser.
      At this momet i have a problem, with svg transcoder:

      my java code:
      ServletOutputStream ostream = response.getOutputStream();
      File tempFile = new File("test.svg");
      TranscoderInput input = new TranscoderInput(tempFile.toURL().toString());
      TranscoderOutput output = new TranscoderOutput(ostream);
      response.setContentType("image/svg+xml");
      SVGTranscoder svgTrans = new SVGTranscoder();
      svgTrans.transcode(input,output);

      A content of svg file don't display on client browser. I tried use JPEG transcoder SVG->JPEG and it is ok.

      But SVG->SVG not.

      Please help, Thanks

      Jarek

    • Csaba, Csaba Simon, Simon
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 6 4:13 AM
        Hi all!

        Is it possible to use the KEY_AOI hint with
        svg2svg.SVGTranscoder to clip the SVG file on the fly?

        If not, is there any possibility to clip a rectangle
        from an SVG file? I don't want to send the original
        SVG, because that's very huge.

        Thanks,

        Csaba

      • Tonny Kohar
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 6 8:40 PM

          > Is it possible to use the KEY_AOI hint with
          > svg2svg.SVGTranscoder to clip the SVG file on the fly?
          >
          > If not, is there any possibility to clip a rectangle
          > from an SVG file? I don't want to send the original
          > SVG, because that's very huge.

          If I not wrong, KEY_AOI only works for rasterizer transcoder, not
          SVGTranscoder.

          Regards
          Tonny Kohar
          --