Re: Accesing ASV using Java

  • skatethere
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 4, 2004
      --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "atuljadhav" <atuljadhav@y...>
      wrote:
      > I am planning to develop a sample Java application which allows user
      > to interact with SVG graphics displayed in ASV. Can anyone give me
      > info how to proceed? I am palnning to use JDK 1.4.

      Wow, that sounds like quite a bit of self-inflicted punishment. If you
      insist on proceeding with ASV, you could either reimplement the NS4
      Plugin API to interface with the ASV library, or try the Webclient
      java wrapper for mozilla, which can load mozilla plugins:

      http://www.mozilla.org/projects/blackwood/webclient/

      But that being said, to do so would be to ignore the most obvious java
      solution for using SVGs, including SVG browsing, transcoding, DOM
      interaction, and interactive editing using a Graphics2D canvas. Use Batik:
      http://xml.apache.org/batik/

      --kirby