Re: The best way

  • revelonix
    Message 1 of 16 , Feb 2, 2004
      I didn't said it accurately, perhaps.
      On the same page, I'd like use the same image from external SVG file
      many times, with different sizes and on different pozitions, like some
      defined object.
      This is because I'm trying to change x/y/width/height/viewbox of
      external SVG file...

      Marek R.

      --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Peto" <CPeto@r...> wrote:
      > Hi,
      >
      > You do not need this. You asked to use a svg in many loads and have
      it fit,
      > right?
      >
      > Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Regards
      > Chris Peto
      > Freelance System Development
      > ------------------------------------
      > Resource Solutions
      > Germany
      > Mobile: +49 (0) 173 308 7843
      > Tel:+49(0) 6103 80 21 98
      > Web: http://www.resource-solutions.de
      > SVG editor: http://www.resource-solutions.de/svgeditor.html
      > mailto:CPeto@r...
      > ------------------------------------
      > Member of: SPARK - SVG Programmers' Application Resource Kit
      > SVG site: http://www.schemasoft.org/svg/main.svg

      HEIGHT?
      > > setAttribute(NS) seems not working for me. Or encapsulate SVG
      object
      > > in some other with defined width, height and position?
      > >
      > > Marek R.
      > >

      > > PS: OK, I accept that image is static. What confused me is
      that I read
      > > somewhere that ADOBE Viewer "currently" doesn't support
      animated GIFs,
      > > so I though that it is planned.
      > >
      > > --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Peto" <CPeto@r...>
      > wrote:
      > > > Hi,
      > > >
      > > > Use getURL and parseXML.
      > > >
      > > > Here's an example from one of my other posts:
      > > >
      > > > Use getURL and parseXML, then appendChild to your "dynamic" svg.
      > > Make sure
      > > > that your appended svg has width="100%" and height="100%" plus a
      > > viewbox if
      > > > you want it to fit. On the "dynamic" svg use x, y, width and
      > height.
      > > >
      > > > Example assumes svgdoc:
      > > >
      > > > function DynAsyncLoader(status)
      > > > {
      > > > if(status.success) {
      > > > var dsvg = svgdoc.getElementById("dynamic");
      > > > var xml = parseXML(status.content, svgdoc);
      > > > if(dsvg) dsvg.appendChild(xml);
      > > > }
      > > > else
      > > > alert(status.content);
      > > > }
      > > > function LoadDyn(name)
      > > > {
      > > > getURL(name, DynAsyncLoader);
      > > > }
      > > >
      > > > Plus, Image take is static no js or animation.
      > > >
      > > > Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Regards
      > > > Chris Peto
      > > > Freelance System Development
      > > > ------------------------------------
      > > > Resource Solutions
      > > > Germany
      > > > Mobile: +49 (0) 173 308 7843
      > > > Tel:+49(0) 6103 80 21 98
      > > > Web: http://www.resource-solutions.de
      > > > SVG editor: http://www.resource-solutions.de/svgeditor.html
      > > > mailto:CPeto@r...
      > > > ------------------------------------
      > > > Member of: SPARK - SVG Programmers' Application Resource Kit
      > > > SVG site: http://www.schemasoft.org/svg/main.svg

      Terms of
      > > Service.

      > > -----
      > > To unsubscribe send a message to:
      > > -or-
      > > visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/svg-developers and click
      "edit my
      > > membership"
      > > ----
      > >

      > > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      > Service.

      > membership"

      Service.

    • Chris Peto
      Message 2 of 16 , Feb 2, 2004
        Hi,

        If so it is like this:

        <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
        <!DOCTYPE svg PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD SVG 1.0//EN"
        "http://www.w3.org/TR/2001/REC-SVG-20010904/DTD/svg10.dtd" [
        <!ATTLIST svg xmlns:xlink CDATA #FIXED "http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink">
        ]>
        <svg xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg"
        <script type="text/javascript">
        var svgdoc,context,xmldoc,ver;
        svgdoc=document.documentElement;
        ver=getSVGViewerVersion();
        function LadeXML(evt, target){
        var obj = svgdoc.getElementById(target);
        function callback(urlRequestStatus){
        if(urlRequestStatus.success){
        xmldoc=parseXML(urlRequestStatus.content, context);
        if(obj) obj.appendChild(xmldoc);
        //svgdoc.appendChild(xmldoc);

        if(ver.indexOf("Adobe")!=-1){
        context=evt.target.ownerDocument;
        getURL("a.svg",callback);
        </script>
        <a xlink:href=""
        onclick="LadeXML(evt,"dynamic1");LadeXML(evt,"dynamic2");"><text x="30"
        y="80" style="fill: #00C">Load and show</text></a>
        <svg id="dynamic1" x="200" y="200" width="100" height="100">
        <svg id="dynamic2" x="50" y="50" width="100" height="100">
        </svg>

        Have not tested, so not sure if everything correct. Tell me if it works.

        Make sure the a.svg has width="100%" height="100%" and a fixed viewbox.
        Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Regards
        Chris Peto
        Freelance System Development
        ------------------------------------
        Resource Solutions
        Germany
        Mobile: +49 (0) 173 308 7843
        Tel:+49(0) 6103 80 21 98
        Web: http://www.resource-solutions.de
        SVG editor: http://www.resource-solutions.de/svgeditor.html
        mailto:CPeto@...
        ------------------------------------
        Member of: SPARK - SVG Programmers' Application Resource Kit
        SVG site: http://www.schemasoft.org/svg/main.svg

        Sorry for my today's stupidity, but why these methods

        //// **********************************************
        // xmldoc.setAttribute("viewBox", 50, 50, 50, 50);
        // var xxx = xmldoc.getElementById('mainDoc');
        //// **********************************************

        don't work at my example?
        (http://www.guide.cz/svg/temp/sample.svg, commented now).

        I didn't perhaps understant what did you wrote to me correctly...

        Marek R.

        --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Peto" <CPeto@r...> wrote:
        > Hi,
        >
        > If you want it to fit then make an svg id ="dynamic" with
        x,y,width, and
        > height fixed, not percentage. Then in you svg that you load:
        >
        > <svg xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg" width="100%" height="100%"
        > viewBox="0 0 1000 1000">
        >
        > With viewbox set viewBox="0 0 WWWW HHHH" fixed, and width="100%"
        > height="100%". This will cause your svg to scale to "dynamic" or
        what id
        > you use. Remember in asv6 you can only have fragment for parseXML.
        >
        > Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Regards
        > Chris Peto
        > Freelance System Development
        > ------------------------------------
        > Resource Solutions
        > Germany
        > Mobile: +49 (0) 173 308 7843
        > Tel:+49(0) 6103 80 21 98
        > Web: http://www.resource-solutions.de
        > SVG editor: http://www.resource-solutions.de/svgeditor.html
        > mailto:CPeto@r...
        > ------------------------------------
        > Member of: SPARK - SVG Programmers' Application Resource Kit
        > SVG site: http://www.schemasoft.org/svg/main.svg

        Service.

        To unsubscribe send a message to:

        Service.

        To unsubscribe send a message to:

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      • Chris Peto

          Sorry for my today's stupidity, but why these methods

          //// **********************************************
          // xmldoc.setAttribute("viewBox", 50, 50, 50, 50);
          // var xxx = xmldoc.getElementById('mainDoc');
          //// **********************************************

          don't work at my example?
          (http://www.guide.cz/svg/temp/sample.svg, commented now).

          I didn't perhaps understant what did you wrote to me correctly...

          Marek R.

          --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Peto" <CPeto@r...>

          > If you want it to fit then make an svg id ="dynamic" with
          x,y,width, and
          > height fixed, not percentage. Then in you svg that you load:
          >
          > <svg xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg" width="100%" height="100%"
          > viewBox="0 0 1000 1000">
          >
          > With viewbox set viewBox="0 0 WWWW HHHH" fixed, and width="100%"
          > height="100%". This will cause your svg to scale to "dynamic" or
          what id
          > you use. Remember in asv6 you can only have fragment for parseXML.
          >
          > Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Regards
          > Chris Peto
          > Freelance System Development
          > ------------------------------------
          > Resource Solutions
          > Germany
          > Mobile: +49 (0) 173 308 7843
          > Tel:+49(0) 6103 80 21 98
          > Web: http://www.resource-solutions.de
          > SVG editor: http://www.resource-solutions.de/svgeditor.html
          > mailto:CPeto@r...
          > ------------------------------------
          > Member of: SPARK - SVG Programmers' Application Resource Kit
          > SVG site: http://www.schemasoft.org/svg/main.svg

          Service.

          Message 4 of 16 , Feb 2, 2004
            Yes. Thanx. I corrected some little mistakes in your code and it works
            (after second click)
            (http://www.guide.cz/svg/temp/sample2.svg)

            So solution is as I though before, encapsulate SVG into another
            element, in this case SVG too. My question is: if I'd like add
            dynamically many of objects, I need dynamically generate new SVG
            encapsulating containers... But why I'm not able directly change
            attributes of this external SVG file?

            Marek R.

            --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Peto" <CPeto@r...> wrote:
            > Hi,
            >
            > If so it is like this:
            >
            > <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
            > <!DOCTYPE svg PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD SVG 1.0//EN"
            > "http://www.w3.org/TR/2001/REC-SVG-20010904/DTD/svg10.dtd" [
            > <!ATTLIST svg xmlns:xlink CDATA #FIXED "http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink">
            > ]>
            > <svg xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg"
            > xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink">
            > <script type="text/javascript">
            > var svgdoc,context,xmldoc,ver;
            > svgdoc=document.documentElement;
            > ver=getSVGViewerVersion();
            > function LadeXML(evt, target){
            > var obj = svgdoc.getElementById(target);
            > function callback(urlRequestStatus){
            > if(urlRequestStatus.success){
            > xmldoc=parseXML(urlRequestStatus.content, context);
            > if(obj) obj.appendChild(xmldoc);
            > //svgdoc.appendChild(xmldoc);
            > }
            > }
            >
            > if(ver.indexOf("Adobe")!=-1){
            > context=evt.target.ownerDocument;
            > getURL("a.svg",callback);
            > }
            > }
            > </script>
            > <a xlink:href=""
            > onclick="LadeXML(evt,"dynamic1");LadeXML(evt,"dynamic2");"><text x="30"
            > y="80" style="fill: #00C">Load and show</text></a>
            > <svg id="dynamic1" x="200" y="200" width="100" height="100">
            > <svg id="dynamic2" x="50" y="50" width="100" height="100">
            > </svg>
            >
            > Have not tested, so not sure if everything correct. Tell me if it
            works.

            > Make sure the a.svg has width="100%" height="100%" and a fixed viewbox.
            > Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Regards
            > Chris Peto
            > Freelance System Development
            > ------------------------------------
            > Resource Solutions
            > Germany
            > Mobile: +49 (0) 173 308 7843
            > Tel:+49(0) 6103 80 21 98
            > Web: http://www.resource-solutions.de
            > SVG editor: http://www.resource-solutions.de/svgeditor.html
            > mailto:CPeto@r...
            > ------------------------------------
            > Member of: SPARK - SVG Programmers' Application Resource Kit
            > SVG site: http://www.schemasoft.org/svg/main.svg

            Terms
            > of
            > > Service.

            > > -----
            > > To unsubscribe send a message to:
            > > -or-
            > > visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/svg-developers and click
            "edit
            > my
            > > membership"
            > > ----
            > >

            > > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

            Terms of
            > Service.

            > visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/svg-developers and click
            "edit my
            > membership"

            > Service.

            > membership"
            > ----
            >

            > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

            Service.

          • Chris Peto
            Message 5 of 16 , Feb 2, 2004
              Hi,

              And if you only want to load the same file in dynamic2 without loading from
              server you could clone the uploaded file and append it to dynamic2 or parse
              it 2 time, of course only if you know it will always be the same file. I
              believe you might be able to use the USE element, but I am not sure if it
              works on dynmaically loaded content.

              Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Regards
              Chris Peto
              Freelance System Development
              ------------------------------------
              Resource Solutions
              Germany
              Mobile: +49 (0) 173 308 7843
              Tel:+49(0) 6103 80 21 98
              Web: http://www.resource-solutions.de
              SVG editor: http://www.resource-solutions.de/svgeditor.html
              mailto:CPeto@...
              ------------------------------------
              Member of: SPARK - SVG Programmers' Application Resource Kit
              SVG site: http://www.schemasoft.org/svg/main.svg
              On the same page, I'd like use the same image from external SVG file
              many times, with different sizes and on different pozitions, like some
              defined object.
              This is because I'm trying to change x/y/width/height/viewbox of
              external SVG file...

              Marek R.

              --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Peto" <CPeto@r...> wrote:
              > Hi,
              >
              > You do not need this. You asked to use a svg in many loads and have
              it fit,
              > right?
              >
              > Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Regards
              > Chris Peto
              > Freelance System Development
              > ------------------------------------
              > Resource Solutions
              > Germany
              > Mobile: +49 (0) 173 308 7843
              > Tel:+49(0) 6103 80 21 98
              > Web: http://www.resource-solutions.de
              > SVG editor: http://www.resource-solutions.de/svgeditor.html
              > mailto:CPeto@r...
              > ------------------------------------
              > Member of: SPARK - SVG Programmers' Application Resource Kit
              > SVG site: http://www.schemasoft.org/svg/main.svg

              Terms of
              > > Service.

              > > -----
              > > To unsubscribe send a message to:
              > > -or-
              > > visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/svg-developers and click
              "edit my
              > > membership"
              > > ----
              > >

              > > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

              > Service.

              > membership"

              Service.

              Message 6 of 16 , Feb 2, 2004
                Hi,

                The onbly way is after you append it then you can change parameters. The
                problem is parseXML returns a fragment, there is only one node.

> [...]

                > <svg id="dynamic1" x="200" y="200" width="100" height="100">
                > <svg id="dynamic2" x="50" y="50" width="100" height="100">
                > </svg>
                >
                > Have not tested, so not sure if everything correct. Tell me if it
                works.

                > Make sure the a.svg has width="100%" height="100%" and a fixed viewbox.
                > Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Regards
                > Chris Peto
                > Freelance System Development
                > ------------------------------------
                > Resource Solutions
                > Germany
                > Mobile: +49 (0) 173 308 7843
                > Tel:+49(0) 6103 80 21 98
                > Web: http://www.resource-solutions.de
                > SVG editor: http://www.resource-solutions.de/svgeditor.html
                > mailto:CPeto@r...
                > ------------------------------------
                > Member of: SPARK - SVG Programmers' Application Resource Kit

                Terms
                > of
                > > Service.

                > > -----
                > > To unsubscribe send a message to:
                > > -or-
                > > visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/svg-developers and click
                "edit
                > my
                > > membership"
                > > ----
                > >

                > > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                Terms of
                > Service.

                > visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/svg-developers and click
                "edit my
                > membership"

                > Service.

                > membership"
                > ----
                >

                > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                Service.

                Message 7 of 16 , Feb 2, 2004
                  Hi,

                  One more thing. Why would you need to change the attributes of the external
                  svg and it's viewbox? If you set it up correctly the external svg will
                  scale it's self.

> [...]

                  > <svg id="dynamic1" x="200" y="200" width="100" height="100">
                  > <svg id="dynamic2" x="50" y="50" width="100" height="100">
                  > </svg>
                  >
                  > Have not tested, so not sure if everything correct. Tell me if it
                  works.

                  > Make sure the a.svg has width="100%" height="100%" and a fixed viewbox.
                  > Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Regards
                  > Chris Peto
                  > Freelance System Development
                  > ------------------------------------
                  > Resource Solutions
                  > Germany
                  > Mobile: +49 (0) 173 308 7843
                  > Tel:+49(0) 6103 80 21 98
                  > Web: http://www.resource-solutions.de
                  > SVG editor: http://www.resource-solutions.de/svgeditor.html
                  > mailto:CPeto@r...
                  > ------------------------------------
                  > Member of: SPARK - SVG Programmers' Application Resource Kit

                  Terms
                  > of
                  > > Service.

                  > > -----