SVG DOM and adobe activex embedding

  • Ken Larson
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 2, 2004
      Actually, you can access the DOM using the activex control, it is simply
      not documented well or really supported. It supports OLE automation, so
      you just have to know the method names, which all match the dom. I have
      been able to successfully do this with java using SWT's com bridge, so
      it should also be possible in VB.

      This seems reinforced to me by the fact that the ActiveX control does not expose the SVG DOM
      and allow it to be directly manipulated making it painful to use for anyone trying to program it
      using VB etc
      S.

      Since one can only embed an ActiveX or OLE component within a compiled
      application like VB and (to my knowledge).