Re: [svg-developers] SVG Length

  • Doug Schepers
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 31, 2004
      Hi, Fabio -

      Is it possible that you have placed the target element after the final
      </svg> tag? If so, getElementById will not find it, since it isn't in the
      document.

      I know of no other reason why this could be occurring, unless you are using
      the wrong id, or have multiple elements with the same id (which is illegal
      in XML, including SVG). I have had getElementById work reliably on very long
      files.

      Hope that helps-
      -Doug