Re: [svg-developers] ASV6 multiple line breaks problem

  • Doug Schepers
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 29, 2004
      Hi, Stefan-

      I would be very cautious about relying on ASV6pr1's flowtext implementation,
      since it is going to change. The syntax in the most recent draft of SVG1.2
      differs in several ways from the syntax in ASV6pr1, and I'm sure that the
      next release of ASV6 will reflect those differences.

      To specifically address your question, I don't think that ASV6pr1 has
      implemented <flowLineBreak />. However, if you want to start coding now for
      the new standard, Batik does have very nice support for flowtext, and it
      uses the proper syntax. I would suggest you develop that portion of your
      project to Batik's implementation, and wait for ASV6 to catch up.

      Hope that helps-
      -Doug