Re: 3D Magnifying Lens with Glossy, Polished Edges

  • Simon Bradley
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 29, 2004
      Aaron

      Thanks - you also found the source for my inspiration!

      The hardest part was creating the magnifying glass <g> and then
      moving it/zooming it. That was pretty tricky, and still not right.
      I have developed it as a seperate component that can be added to any
      SVG file using a js fn to open a separate SVG file and include it
      (and nec. functionality) into the proper SVG - this allows you to
      add magnifying glass to almost any SVG with 1 line of code.
      Couple of things I would like to do:
      1. Create a magnifying hotspot for mega zoom - should be simplish
      2. Improve dragging of glass around - ASV render quality attributes
      might help here, or even simplifying the magnifying glass.
      3. Implement a click, so that if you click on a magnified object, it
      generates a click on the 'real' object. You will notice that one
      piece of text has an anchor - I would really like to click it in the
      glass and follow the anchor - this is probably the most important.

      Simon.
      --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "aaronbecker17"