Re: Embedding SVG in HTML without - Nope

  • Jim Ley
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 19, 2004
      dylansweb29 <dylansweb29 <at> yahoo.com> writes:

      |>> I am trying to figure out a more elegant method and would
      |>> appreciate anyones suggestions.

      |> A static SVG document instead of an ASP.

      | Using static files forces me to do a lot of IO on the server.
      | Using Response.Write() from an aspx page does not.

      Interesting, (and a pretty unusual situation I'd've thought) Could you give
      more details I think there would be some useful discussion on ways to optimise
      throughput, although most of this will probably be IIS related.

      IIS is normally much faster in serving static files, you could of course
      include your static SVG inside ASPX files, although I don't actually see any
      saving in disk/memory IO in doing so unless you have very odd settings (no
      cache for recently served files on the static.)

      I'm guessing that your app generates a lot of SVG content from little initial
      data. If that's the case I think we need to look at where the bottleneck
      actually is (generation/transfer/parsing/rendering) and look at which we need
      to optimise.

      Whatever the solution though embed/object etc. will be irrelevant.

      Jim.