Re: New Mozilla

  • revelonix
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 16, 2004
      Do not understand me wrong.
      ASV2 & ASV3 for windows developed Adobe mainly because of old Netscape
      player. Then, in view to that Gecko will be the next Netscape with
      some 11% shared browser market, thay started porting ASV3 to Gecko
      interface. This attemps was wrong, because of not frozen Mozilla's
      API. Many problems occured, as you mention.
      But, now, when Adome continues with ASV3 for Linux and ASV6 for
      Windows/maybe Linux/ this means something:
      - they do not more trust AOL/Netscape who leaved Gecko development,
      but believe in Linux market, where Firebird and Mozilla are the most
      popular. Switching to old Netspace plugin API also supports other
      Lin/Win browsers. Also on Windows Mozilla is becoming greater in its
      share, and during 2004 is expected to rise more. Now, only with
      Mozilla Foundation (not AOL) in its back is important each new release
      of this browser. It should assure Adobe that investments to this way
      (Linux market + part of Windows/Mac) have future and will be going on.
      If foretellings of stopping Mozilla, when not support from Netscape,
      will came true, it will surely (in negative way) was impact on any SVG
      technology developing in SVG. That's why is also for SVG community
      good news, that Mozilla not speed down/stop its releases.

      Marek

      --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, Barend Köbben <kobben@i...> wrote:
      > Although generally any Mozilla news is better news than no news,
      SVG-wise there is nothing to wohouuu about...