Re: [svg-developers] ECMA script editor needed.

  • lance dyas
    Message 1 of 14 , Jan 3, 2004
      I just use GVIM.... for editing, its derived of VI of UNIX fame, nice
      color coding for
      just about every language...Now what you and I really want is a
      XHTML/SVG DOM
      Aware ECMAScript Debugger. ;-)

      --
      Lance Dyas
      http://www.dyasdesigns.com
      Message 2 of 14 , Jan 3, 2004
        Hey Paul,

        Try crimson editor, if you haven't already:
        http://www.crimsoneditor.com/
        Free. You'll love it. I have a svg syntax file if you need it.

        Nico

        --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "paulroubekas" <paul@r...>
        wrote:
        > Does anyone know of a cheap, simple, MS Windows 2000 version of an
        > editor that does ECMA script? No Alpha, or Beta, projects
        please. I
        > searched the forum and found nothing after going back some months.
      • Jim Ley
        Message 3 of 14 , Jan 4, 2004
          "paulroubekas" <paul@...> wrote in message
          > Does anyone know of a cheap, simple, MS Windows 2000 version of an
          > editor that does ECMA script? No Alpha, or Beta, projects please. I
          > searched the forum and found nothing after going back some months.

          There isn't one.

          What features are you looking for?

          Jim.
        • paulroubekas
          Message 4 of 14 , Jan 4, 2004
            I could not find ECMA script in the list of supported languages
            supported. I did find JScript, what are the differences from
            JavaScript or ECMA Script?

            --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "domenico_strazzullo"

            Message 5 of 14 , Jan 4, 2004
              Simple stuff like keyword highlighting, paren matching of opeing '{'
              and closing '}'.

              --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "Jim Ley" <jim@j...> wrote:

              > "paulroubekas" <paul@r...> wrote in message
              > > Does anyone know of a cheap, simple, MS Windows 2000 version of an
              > > editor that does ECMA script? No Alpha, or Beta, projects
              please. I
              > > searched the forum and found nothing after going back some months.
              >
              > There isn't one.
              >
              > What features are you looking for?
              >
              > Jim.
            • Doug Schepers
              Message 6 of 14 , Jan 4, 2004
                Paul-

                I use TextPad [1], for which there are ECMAScript (JavaScript) and SVG
                syntax highlighting files and clip libraries. I have a special SVG/DOM clip
                lib I've made for it which I can send you, and which helps a lot.

                TextPad is cheap, too... less than US$40.

                Regards-
                -Doug

                [1] www.textpad.com

                > Simple stuff like keyword highlighting, paren matching of opeing '{'
                > and closing '}'.
                >
                > --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "Jim Ley" <jim@j...> wrote:
                > >
                > > "paulroubekas" <paul@r...> wrote in message
                > > > Does anyone know of a cheap, simple, MS Windows 2000 version of an
                > > > editor that does ECMA script? No Alpha, or Beta, projects
                > please. I
                > > > searched the forum and found nothing after going back some months.
                > >
                > > There isn't one.
                > >
                > > What features are you looking for?
                > >
                > > Jim.
              • Barend Köbben
                Message 7 of 14 , Jan 5, 2004
                  Hi there,

                  I also use TextPad, and agree its very good value for (little) money. I never got round to creating a SVG/DOM clip library. Could you share yours to the SVG community...?

                  ____________________________
                  Barend Köbben
                  International Institute for Geo-information Sciences and Earth Observation (ITC)
                  PO Box 6, 7500AA Enschede (The Netherlands)
                  > I use TextPad [1], for which there are ECMAScript (JavaScript) and SVG
                  > syntax highlighting files and clip libraries. I have a
                  > special SVG/DOM clip
                  > lib I've made for it which I can send you, and which helps a lot.
                  >
                  > TextPad is cheap, too... less than US$40.
                  >
                  > Regards-
                  > -Doug
                  >
                  > [1] www.textpad.com

                • Doug Schepers
                  Message 8 of 14 , Jan 5, 2004
                    Hi, Barend-

                    Yeah, I've had them posted for some time (and mentioned them on this list a
                    long while back), but I should put them somewhere more accessible. Maybe
                    I'll submit them to the TextPad site. It's not complete, or completely
                    bugless, but it's the stuff I use the most.

                    http://www.schepers.cc/tools/

                    Regards-
                    -Doug

                    > Hi there,
                    >
                    > I also use TextPad, and agree its very good value for (little) money.
                    > I never got round to creating a SVG/DOM clip library. Could you share
                    > yours to the SVG community...?
                    >
                    > ____________________________
                    > Barend Köbben
                    > International Institute for Geo-information Sciences and Earth Observation
                    (ITC)
                    > PO Box 6, 7500AA Enschede (The Netherlands)

                  • Burkhard Stollenwerk
                    Message 9 of 14 , Jan 5, 2004
                      Hallo Doug,

                      sorry , TCL is unknown to me

                      Burkhard
                      > Yeah, I've had them posted for some time (and mentioned them on this list
                      > long while back), but I should put them somewhere more accessible. Maybe
                      > I'll submit them to the TextPad site. It's not complete, or completely
                      > bugless, but it's the stuff I use the most.
                      >
                      > http://www.schepers.cc/tools/
                      >
                      > Regards-
                      > -Doug
                    • Jim Ley
                      Message 10 of 14 , Jan 5, 2004
                        > I could not find ECMA script in the list of supported languages
                        > supported. I did find JScript, what are the differences from
                        > JavaScript or ECMA Script?

                        Basically none, JScript, like JavaScript is an implementation of ECMAScript.

                        Jim.
                      • Jim Ley
                        Message 11 of 14 , Jan 5, 2004
                          > Simple stuff like keyword highlighting, paren matching of opeing '{'
                          > and closing '}'.

                          Well that's in most advanced text editors, I'd recommend xemacs of course.

                          Jim.
                        • Doug Schepers
                          Message 12 of 14 , Jan 5, 2004
                            Hi, Burkhard-

                            That isn't a Tcl (Tool Command Language) file, it's just the extension for a
                            TextPad Clip Library. You place it in the TextPad accessories folder, and it
                            lets you insert little code snippets into a text file.

                            Regards-
                            -Doug

                            Burkhard Stollenwerk wrote:

                            > Hallo Doug,
                            >
                            > sorry , TCL is unknown to me
                            >
                            > Burkhard

                          • paulroubekas
                            Message 13 of 14 , Jan 5, 2004
                              I have textpad already so this works great! Thanks.

                              --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "Doug Schepers" <doug@s...>