ECMA script editor needed.

  • paulroubekas
    Message 1 of 14 , Jan 3, 2004
      Does anyone know of a cheap, simple, MS Windows 2000 version of an
      editor that does ECMA script? No Alpha, or Beta, projects please. I
      searched the forum and found nothing after going back some months.
    • lance dyas
      Message 2 of 14 , Jan 3, 2004
        I just use GVIM.... for editing, its derived of VI of UNIX fame, nice
        color coding for
        just about every language...Now what you and I really want is a
        XHTML/SVG DOM
        Aware ECMAScript Debugger. ;-)

        --
        Lance Dyas
        http://www.dyasdesigns.com
        Message 3 of 14 , Jan 3, 2004
          Hey Paul,

          Try crimson editor, if you haven't already:
          http://www.crimsoneditor.com/
          Free. You'll love it. I have a svg syntax file if you need it.

          Nico

          --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "paulroubekas" <paul@r...>
          wrote:
          > Does anyone know of a cheap, simple, MS Windows 2000 version of an
          > editor that does ECMA script? No Alpha, or Beta, projects
          please. I
          > searched the forum and found nothing after going back some months.
        • Jim Ley
          Message 4 of 14 , Jan 4, 2004
            "paulroubekas" <paul@...> wrote in message
            > Does anyone know of a cheap, simple, MS Windows 2000 version of an
            > editor that does ECMA script? No Alpha, or Beta, projects please. I
            > searched the forum and found nothing after going back some months.

            There isn't one.

            What features are you looking for?

            Jim.
          • paulroubekas
            Message 5 of 14 , Jan 4, 2004
              I could not find ECMA script in the list of supported languages
              supported. I did find JScript, what are the differences from
              JavaScript or ECMA Script?

              --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "domenico_strazzullo"

              Message 6 of 14 , Jan 4, 2004
                Simple stuff like keyword highlighting, paren matching of opeing '{'
                and closing '}'.

                --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "Jim Ley" <jim@j...> wrote:

                > "paulroubekas" <paul@r...> wrote in message
                > > Does anyone know of a cheap, simple, MS Windows 2000 version of an
                > > editor that does ECMA script? No Alpha, or Beta, projects
                please. I
                > > searched the forum and found nothing after going back some months.
                >
                > There isn't one.
                >
                > What features are you looking for?
                >
                > Jim.
              • Doug Schepers
                Message 7 of 14 , Jan 4, 2004
                  Paul-

                  I use TextPad [1], for which there are ECMAScript (JavaScript) and SVG
                  syntax highlighting files and clip libraries. I have a special SVG/DOM clip
                  lib I've made for it which I can send you, and which helps a lot.

                  TextPad is cheap, too... less than US$40.

                  Regards-
                  -Doug

                  [1] www.textpad.com

                  > Simple stuff like keyword highlighting, paren matching of opeing '{'
                  > and closing '}'.
                  >
                  > --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "Jim Ley" <jim@j...> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > "paulroubekas" <paul@r...> wrote in message
                  > > > Does anyone know of a cheap, simple, MS Windows 2000 version of an
                  > > > editor that does ECMA script? No Alpha, or Beta, projects
                  > please. I
                  > > > searched the forum and found nothing after going back some months.
                  > >
                  > > There isn't one.
                  > >
                  > > What features are you looking for?
                  > >
                  > > Jim.
                • Barend Köbben
                  Message 8 of 14 , Jan 5, 2004
                    Hi there,

                    I also use TextPad, and agree its very good value for (little) money. I never got round to creating a SVG/DOM clip library. Could you share yours to the SVG community...?

                    ____________________________
                    Barend Köbben
                    International Institute for Geo-information Sciences and Earth Observation (ITC)
                    PO Box 6, 7500AA Enschede (The Netherlands)
                    > I use TextPad [1], for which there are ECMAScript (JavaScript) and SVG
                    > syntax highlighting files and clip libraries. I have a
                    > special SVG/DOM clip
                    > lib I've made for it which I can send you, and which helps a lot.
                    >
                    > TextPad is cheap, too... less than US$40.
                    >
                    > Regards-
                    > -Doug
                    >
                    > [1] www.textpad.com

                  • Doug Schepers
                    Message 9 of 14 , Jan 5, 2004
                      Hi, Barend-

                      Yeah, I've had them posted for some time (and mentioned them on this list a
                      long while back), but I should put them somewhere more accessible. Maybe
                      I'll submit them to the TextPad site. It's not complete, or completely
                      bugless, but it's the stuff I use the most.

                      http://www.schepers.cc/tools/

                      Regards-
                      -Doug

                      > Hi there,
                      >
                      > I also use TextPad, and agree its very good value for (little) money.
                      > I never got round to creating a SVG/DOM clip library. Could you share
                      > yours to the SVG community...?
                      >
                      > ____________________________
                      > Barend Köbben
                      > International Institute for Geo-information Sciences and Earth Observation
                      (ITC)
                      > PO Box 6, 7500AA Enschede (The Netherlands)

                    • Burkhard Stollenwerk
                      Message 10 of 14 , Jan 5, 2004
                        Hallo Doug,

                        sorry , TCL is unknown to me

                        Burkhard
                        > Yeah, I've had them posted for some time (and mentioned them on this list
                        > long while back), but I should put them somewhere more accessible. Maybe
                        > I'll submit them to the TextPad site. It's not complete, or completely
                        > bugless, but it's the stuff I use the most.
                        >
                        > http://www.schepers.cc/tools/
                        >
                        > Regards-
                        > -Doug
                      • Jim Ley
                        Message 11 of 14 , Jan 5, 2004
                          > I could not find ECMA script in the list of supported languages
                          > supported. I did find JScript, what are the differences from
                          > JavaScript or ECMA Script?

                          Basically none, JScript, like JavaScript is an implementation of ECMAScript.

                          Jim.
                        • Jim Ley
                          Message 12 of 14 , Jan 5, 2004
                            > Simple stuff like keyword highlighting, paren matching of opeing '{'
                            > and closing '}'.

                            Well that's in most advanced text editors, I'd recommend xemacs of course.

                            Jim.
                          • Doug Schepers
                            Message 13 of 14 , Jan 5, 2004
                              Hi, Burkhard-

                              That isn't a Tcl (Tool Command Language) file, it's just the extension for a
                              TextPad Clip Library. You place it in the TextPad accessories folder, and it
                              lets you insert little code snippets into a text file.

                              Regards-
                              -Doug

                              Burkhard Stollenwerk wrote:

                              > Hallo Doug,
                              >
                              > sorry , TCL is unknown to me
                              >
                              > Burkhard

                            • paulroubekas
                              Message 14 of 14 , Jan 5, 2004
                                I have textpad already so this works great! Thanks.

                                --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "Doug Schepers" <doug@s...>